PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Views

cardsnstuff
08-21-2016, 07:55 AM
Is it just me, When I look at my items on ebay; my views are terrible. Most well under 10, even for items that have been listed for 20+ days. All PSA graded cards.

What type of views do you guys have?, How do I go about increasing them? I have posted on BST Ebay boards here in the past but it really doesn't make that much of a difference. I became an approved seller on VCP and that doesn't help either as most of my listings don't even appear.

Anyone have any suggestions for improvement?

Thanks.
Tony

Thecafewha
08-21-2016, 07:58 AM
I've found that views on PSA graded cards can be lower because most of the info is in the title so no need to click into listing unless the grade and price are what the person is looking for. They are looking but might not actually be clicking into your listings.

Joshua Van Pelt

Shoebox
08-21-2016, 08:21 AM
My opinion is that if you have material that collectors are looking for then they will find your listings. In the end you are looking for the 1 view from the person that is going to pull the trigger. If you have lots of views after 20 days at a BIN then you probably have a beautiful card that's a bit overpriced. Not a lot of views then what you have isn't what many shoppers are actively looking for or the price is so high they don't even bother to click on it. All you can do is wait for the one that is looking and willing at your price come by for the most part. One thing is make sure your listings are complete with accurate selections for Era, Year, Manufacturer, Grader, ect so buyers that use those filters get your listing in their searches. Beyond that the rest becomes gimmickery that is just as likely to turn off buyers as to garner a few extra clicks. I know that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear but good luck with your sales!

bxb
08-21-2016, 08:40 AM
We all have these issues, and in my years using eBay I find the following factors relevant:

1. eBay ain't what it used to be as a sellers venue;

2. Marketing;

3. Supply and demand.

eBay is much less seller-friendly than in the past, although still the main game in town.

Is your stuff labeled to optimize attention - are you reaching your target audience.

Does anybody want your stuff. Is it priced too high.

Just a few thoughts

drcy
08-21-2016, 09:19 AM
Lots of views doesn't always equate with a sale.

pawpawdiv9
08-21-2016, 09:49 AM
You can use a Promotion Manager tool
http://pages.ebay.com/specialoffers/tutorial.html

Huysmans
08-21-2016, 09:55 AM
My opinion is that if you have material that collectors are looking for then they will find your listings. In the end you are looking for the 1 view from the person that is going to pull the trigger. If you have lots of views after 20 days at a BIN then you probably have a beautiful card that's a bit overpriced. Not a lot of views then what you have isn't what many shoppers are actively looking for or the price is so high they don't even bother to click on it. All you can do is wait for the one that is looking and willing at your price come by for the most part. One thing is make sure your listings are complete with accurate selections for Era, Year, Manufacturer, Grader, ect so buyers that use those filters get your listing in their searches. Beyond that the rest becomes gimmickery that is just as likely to turn off buyers as to garner a few extra clicks. I know that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear but good luck with your sales!

+1
Well put Dustin

bnorth
08-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Lots of views doesn't always equate with a sale.

Agree with David, views and # of watchers means very little on whether the item will sell. I have listed stuff and got lots of views and 20 watchers and no bids. Relisted the same item the next week and got several bids with less views and 4-5 watchers.

glchen
08-21-2016, 02:50 PM
As others have said, # of views doesn't always correlate to more sales, especially for BIN items. Saying that I always include the team name in the title of my listing, especially as there are often obscure prewar players who you don't know who they played for. I find that there are a decent number of team collectors that it is still helps to add this to the listing. If the player is a Hall of Famer, I usually always add "HOF" to the listing title also. There are always those players that you might not realize they are in the Hall of Fame, and potential buyers don't either. (e.g., Billy Southworth anyone?) If the card has very low pop (absolute or for that grade), I will add that to the listing title if I have room. Also if the card is well centered, I will sometimes also put "CENTERED" in the title, again if I still have room.

cardsnstuff
08-21-2016, 02:56 PM
As others have said, # of views doesn't always correlate to more sales, especially for BIN items. Saying that I always include the team name in the title of my listing, especially as there are often obscure prewar players who you don't know who they played for. I find that there are a decent number of team collectors that it is still helps to add this to the listing. If the player is a Hall of Famer, I usually always add "HOF" to the listing title also. There are always those players that you might not realize they are in the Hall of Fame, and potential buyers don't either. (e.g., Billy Southworth anyone?) If the card has very low pop (absolute or for that grade), I will add that to the listing title if I have room. Also if the card is well centered, I will sometimes also put "CENTERED" in the title, again if I still have room.

good advice, thanks.

savedfrommyspokes
08-21-2016, 05:11 PM
In most cases, with single graded cards, if your price is not near the top of the low price to high price search (for your grade range), you are not going to get many views.

cardsnstuff
08-21-2016, 07:08 PM
In most cases, with single graded cards, if your price is not near the top of the low price to high price search (for your grade range), you are not going to get many views.

I think I price fairly, I just don't get a lot views; but I see many auction prices that not only exceed my fixed price but for many other sellers too.

Luke
08-21-2016, 07:38 PM
I don't think views matters much. If your description is good, people don't need to click on your listing unless they are in the market for that exact card.

It certainly depends which sets your cards are from, but with say T206, you've got a ton of bargain hunters who need a lot of cards and just want to buy the cheapest one to add to their sets.

It kind of makes sense that if you have a PSA 4 Bill Shipke, it's probably not going to get that many views in a month. But, the people actually clicking on it will be interested.

I do think watchers has a correlation to sales. Small number of watchers doesn't mean you won't sell an item, because as said above, it only takes one person looking to buy your item. But if you get to 10+ watchers, you're going to sell that item like 95% of the time in my experience.

savedfrommyspokes
08-22-2016, 08:32 AM
I think I price fairly, I just don't get a lot views; but I see many auction prices that not only exceed my fixed price but for many other sellers too.

Unfortunately, while you may price fairly, if another seller is undercutting you on price(for the same grade), you are less likely to receive the views(or sell the item).

If you do have the lowest price for your grade level, is your card OC for it's grade? When I search a LP-HP search, if I see in the gallery picture the card is OC, I do not waste my time viewing.

With my listings, if I am not seeing any movement on an item (sale, watch or view wise), I add the best offer option to the listing. From there I do see more views and people watching (as well as some low ball offers). IMO, if you are not the lowest price for your grade, and if you have not added the best offer option to your listings, give it a try as it may help your views and probability it will sell.

Shoeless Moe
08-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Is it just me, When I look at my items on ebay; my views are terrible. Most well under 10, even for items that have been listed for 20+ days. All PSA graded cards.

What type of views do you guys have?, How do I go about increasing them? I have posted on BST Ebay boards here in the past but it really doesn't make that much of a difference. I became an approved seller on VCP and that doesn't help either as most of my listings don't even appear.

Anyone have any suggestions for improvement?

Thanks.
Tony

you might want to include a link to your auction....one so people like myself can see how your title looks, and 2 so you get more views : )

cardsnstuff
08-22-2016, 12:34 PM
you might want to include a link to your auction....one so people like myself can see how your title looks, and 2 so you get more views : )

I purposely didn't on this main page for this discussion; However I will post another link in ebay BST. Comments/Improvement ideas would be appreciated

Aquarian Sports Cards
08-22-2016, 04:53 PM

quoted because I do all of these things too, and for the same reasons, great minds.