PDA

View Full Version : wait, what?....sp jeter

chaddurbin
08-20-2016, 11:55 PM
when did this card in an 8 go for $400+? i remember a couple years ago it was like a $100 card when i was buying them for signings. i know the postwar market kinda got stupid but this common card 4x price-wise in a year? who's buying them? checking completed auctions it was still around $150-$175 back in may....super weird they actually decreased in value when you put a signature on it :confused: signed sp went from $500-$600 a year ago to around $400 today.

Rookiemonster
08-21-2016, 06:29 PM
I noticed a jump in the off grade examples as well . It's more likely due to the condition sensitivitie of the set. It allowes for a increase in the cheaper grades.
I bought a seven around The holiday season. For way less then half of what they are selling for now.

chaddurbin
08-22-2016, 01:15 PM
the weird thing is only the psa get that price, beckett/bgs is still under $200. i would've thought beckett is more desireable with modern cards. this can't be a registry thing as there are probably thousands of jeter in 8s.

bnorth
08-22-2016, 03:07 PM
the weird thing is only the psa get that price, beckett/bgs is still under $200. i would've thought beckett is more desireable with modern cards. this can't be a registry thing as there are probably thousands of jeter in 8s.

In some modern cards Beckett is still king. Their reputation really took a hit in the last few years. They graded a ton of sheet cut and micro trimmed cards with # grades. The modern card doctors have hit them hard. The patch and auto insert cards have been doctored and graded with # grades. They have been removing the single color patches and replacing them with cool multi colored patches. They have also been removing cut autos and replacing them with fakes.