PDA

View Full Version : An ebay pet peeve...

vintagebaseballcardguy
08-19-2016, 08:01 PM
Inspired by the recent thread about the 1953 Bowman Color set, I have been looking at various cards from that set, including the Mick, on ebay. I stand amazed at how many sellers expect someone to make a determination about a card from pictures taken with a digital camera! Gotta love that top quality glare! It seems like if you are expecting someone to plunk down several hundred or several thousand dollars, you would at least spend a little money to buy a freakin scanner!! Last night, I encountered a couple of listings for Mantles with these substandard pics. Tonight, I go to looking and immediately run across another one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Bowman-Color-Mickey-Mantle-Card-59-PSA-4-Yankees-/361695225904?hash=item5436b72830:g:L9wAAOSwMtxXt7F l

I don't intend to call out this seller specifically (just an example) as he/she is by no means the only one, but c'mon! I realize someone looking can zoom in, but for my money, there is no substitute for a high resolution scan.

Am I the angry lone nut on this issue, or do some of you notice this?

Snapolit1
08-19-2016, 08:50 PM
What about posting a card seeking thousands but not bothering to post a scan of the back of the card??? What the ......

Bcwcardz
08-20-2016, 07:02 PM
What about posting a card seeking thousands but not bothering to post a scan of the back of the card??? What the ......
Usually because there is something wrong with the back of the card. I just move on if there is no rear scan.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk