PDA

View Full Version : free cat: to a good home

begsu1013
08-17-2016, 08:57 PM
comes from a smoke free home

FourStrikes
08-17-2016, 09:18 PM
I have a pretty sick sense of humor sometimes - okay, a lot of times - but that's a pretty f*cked up post, especially with the O/T "show your dog/cat" threads which are getting some healthy - and mostly positive - contributions right now.

while I cannot read minds, whether or not it was or is your point/intention to mock the above-mentioned threads, it's still pretty f*cked up.

JMO, but the "kid crying after getting his favorite baseball card" avatar is the polar opposite of your "free cat" post.

DS

bobbyw8469
08-17-2016, 09:25 PM
I have a pretty sick sense of humor sometimes - okay, a lot of times - but that's a pretty f*cked up post, especially with the O/T "show your dog/cat" threads which are getting some healthy - and mostly positive - contributions right now.

while I cannot read minds, whether or not it was or is your point/intention to mock the above-mentioned threads, it's still pretty f*cked up.

JMO, but the "kid crying after getting his favorite baseball card" avatar is the polar opposite of your "free cat" post.

DS

+1...yea...this thread is kinda odd.

Billy5858
08-17-2016, 09:27 PM
+ 10.......... I'm new here but WTF?

clydepepper
08-17-2016, 09:29 PM
You have to laugh some times...

bobbyw8469
08-17-2016, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't say showing a cat killed by a car is laughing material. If you have ever lost a pet due to an accident, it is pretty sad. I'm sorry, but this thread is odd.

rholmes
08-17-2016, 10:13 PM
Cats hit by cars. Hilarious. People should think before they post stupid sh*t.

Sean
08-17-2016, 10:19 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I thought it was funny.

kmac32
08-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Sorry as a veterinarian, I find absolutely no humor in this. I have clients who love their dogs and cats. When they get hit by cars or even worse killed, nothing funny about it. Seriously!!!

begsu1013
08-17-2016, 11:24 PM
he's got 8 more lives. relax.

nameless
08-17-2016, 11:36 PM
he's got 8 more lives. relax.

Is he/she still available? That cat looks so neat just sleeping on the road like that.

begsu1013
08-18-2016, 12:49 AM
cat's been claimed.

but for an official response to those offended...

yes, it was a mock of the dog thread. however, i didn't come into that thread and dog it.

i didn't hit the cat. i didn't take the pic and i certainly didn't run home and grab a poster board and some spray-paint.

it's a pic that has been currently circulating via text.

and while there are a few that find it horrendous,

there are many that found it hysterical and didn't reply publically.

i, myself, have a dog. have put up w/ a cat. have lost several pets throughout life. and certainly love all animals in general.

but i will swat a fly or kill a spider for my wife though. some will say that's a travesty, others will rejoice. that's life.

let's just not go into which life was more valuable. some eat cows. some worship them. it is what it is.

and i could certainly sit here and say that dressing a dog up in a sweater is no laughing matter.

but that's your sense of humor and good for you. some of us aren't wound so tight and find humor in things you may not!

in closing, it is just post on an internet baseball card site.

and to flip the script on those that didn't find humor in it....

a $100 donation was just made to the aspca in honor of this horrible thread.

take care, lighten up and enjoy an obscure song about a dog you have never heard before: dog song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lE5QVo1qfA)

tjb1952tjb
08-18-2016, 12:57 AM
Pretty sick, IMO.

begsu1013
08-18-2016, 01:34 AM
took .44 seconds and outta 385 million things.

sorry you saw it here first.

pclpads
08-18-2016, 01:36 AM
Geojah, huh? Southern boy and southern humor. What's your next feeble attempt at humor? A pic of JFK with his head blown off?

begsu1013
08-18-2016, 01:38 AM
A pic of JFK with his head blown off?

what more do i have to say?

we didn't start the fire.

mikemb
08-18-2016, 05:17 AM
You are a sick person. Will never look at your posts again.

Who ever is monitoring this board should get their head out of their ass and get this off.

The crap on this site seems to take over the good things. Poor management.

T205 GB
08-18-2016, 05:57 AM
I laughed. It does take a twisted sense of humor to laugh about it but hey I am what I am I guess. Anyone that knows me knows how I am. LOL

On another note I was driving to a cousins graduation party and someone had put a get well soon balloon on a road kill deer. My fiance didn't find it amusing at all but her mom, dad, our 3 kids, and myself laughed very hard at it.

Leon
08-18-2016, 06:05 AM
My only question is "Should Bob be banned for this thread?" I think it is disgusting and sick humor. It has no place on this board. I am repulsed by him and this thread.

EvilKing00
08-18-2016, 06:06 AM
comes from a smoke free home

i have 2 cats.... BUT IMO its funny - should be in the water cooler section

Leon
08-18-2016, 06:13 AM
i have 2 cats.... BUT IMO its funny - should be in the water cooler section

If you think a dead cat is funny that is your business. SO far it is overwhelming in PMs and emails that Bob should be suspended, at least. I Feel that way too. I am giving it some time though to get a few more responses. And of the member that said where is management. Right here.

Leon
08-18-2016, 06:16 AM
OK, I thought about it 2 more minutes. Bob is suspended.

bobbyw8469
08-18-2016, 06:50 AM
Thanks Leon. I have no personal beef with Bob. He has never done me wrong (unlike some others, that thankfully, aren't on this board - or if they are, they don't post much). However, being an animal lover and having lost pets due to accidents, I thought his post was in extremely poor taste.

RichardSimon
08-18-2016, 06:56 AM
Cats hit by cars. Hilarious. People should think before they post stupid sh*t.

++

Jobu
08-18-2016, 07:07 AM
I think a suspension is a bit harsh if multiple dog threads on the main page are ok (i am fine with the dog threads btw), I get that some didn't find it funny but it still seems severe.

Btw, if you have a cat please don't let it outside. In the US every year, cats kill 2 BILLION birds and 12 BILLION mammals. It takes 76 years to count to 2 billion. I love cats ... when they are inside. Outside I much prefer native wildlife. (Being outside is also not very good for the cat.)

frankbmd
08-18-2016, 07:13 AM
I think a suspension is a bit harsh if multiple dog threads on the main page are ok (i am fine with the dog threads btw), I get that some didn't find it funny but it still seems severe.

Btw, if you have a cat don't let it outside. In the US every year, cats kill 2 BILLION birds and 12 BILLION mammals. It takes 76 years to count to 2 billion. I love cats, when they are inside. Outside I much prefer native wildlife. (being outside is also not good for cats).

If it takes 76 years to count 2 billion birds, the figures you cite must be from 1940 or earlier, which falls within the prewar framework of the forum.;)

Leon
08-18-2016, 07:17 AM

Btw, if you have a cat don't let it outside. In the US every year, cats kill 2 BILLION birds and 12 BILLION mammals. It takes 76 years to count to 2 billion. I love cats, when they are inside. Outside I much prefer native wildlife. (being outside is also not good for cats).

There is more to it than this thread. This isn't the first time the OP has caused chaos on the board or been suspended. I don't want to babysit a loose canon 24x7. The thread is repulsive. He made his point and is gone. BTW, the dog threads are in good taste. There is a difference and if anyone can't see the difference then that isn't my problem.

Jobu
08-18-2016, 08:55 AM
I wasn't aware of previous problems with the OP, combined with the issues people have with this thread (which is unarguably different than the dog threads) I see where you are coming from - maybe not too harsh.

Frank - I dig your math!

There is more to it than this thread. This isn't the first time the OP has caused chaos on the board or been suspended. I don't want to babysit a loose canon 24x7. The thread is repulsive. He made his point and is gone. BTW, the dog threads are in good taste. There is a difference and if anyone can't see the difference then that isn't my problem.

cracker_jack
08-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Is there any reason this thread can't be deleted from the forum? I get that baseball card topics can be slow but really.

Adopt a pet. Just like my sig line has stated for the past year.

Leon
08-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Is there any reason this thread can't be deleted from the forum? I get that baseball card topics can be slow but really.

Adopt a pet. Just like my sig line has stated for the past year.

There might be No bigger pet/animal lover than me. As for threads being deleted? They are usually left to set examples and also, so if someone wants to speak their mind, they can.

pokerplyr80
08-18-2016, 11:04 AM

I think we can all see the difference but in my opinion both threads should have been moved to the water cooler section. While perhaps in poor taste I believe this was just an attempt at humor and did not warrant a suspension or ban. I get that there are animal lovers who are upset. I actually love cats too. Always had a couple around growing up as a kid. But this was just a joke. People are a little too sensitive these days.

Bicem
08-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Lame joke with a pic that's been online for like 20 years. I would have personally banned him for lack of originality and humor.

jb217676
08-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Lame joke with a pic that's been online for like 20 years. I would have personally banned him for lack of originality and humor.

Ouch!

deltaarnet
08-18-2016, 12:17 PM
I think we can all see the difference but in my opinion both threads should have been moved to the water cooler section. While perhaps in poor taste I believe this was just an attempt at humor and did not warrant a suspension or ban. I get that there are animal lovers who are upset. I actually love cats too. Always had a couple around growing up as a kid. But this was just a joke. People are a little too sensitive these days.

A little?:eek:

nameless
08-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Did the OP call anyone out or talk in a derogatory manner in the original post? I don't think he should have been banned...

Leon
08-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Did the OP call anyone out or talk in a derogatory manner in the original post? I don't think he should have been banned...

The OP has been a thorn in my side for a long time. I don't know why it is but some members think that just because I am the moderator they have immunity when giving me a hard time. The banishment was the result of not just this thread but several other things too. IF this was the first or second issue with him he would have gotten a warning. Almost everyone who has ever been banned didn't get banned for their first or second issue. My goal is to never ban anyone. Why would I want to as it hurts the forum? That being said when I have had enough, I have had enough. I am not a babysitter and if I am away from the board, or hit the hay early as I did last night, I don't want loose cannons spouting off crap that doesn't belong on this forum.

ALR-bishop
08-18-2016, 01:04 PM
Next thing you know Simon Bond will show up offering aitographed copies of his book.

gabrinus
08-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Bob hasn't been the same since Steve McQueen stole his wife...I am going to miss his input on 1950s and 1960s cards.........Jerry

glchen
08-18-2016, 01:42 PM
I found the OP's post to be in extremely poor taste to say the least. However, he then donated $100 to the ASPCA, which I think more than makes up for it...

ALR-bishop
08-18-2016, 01:43 PM
Well, there was Phyllis and Catherine....

bravos4evr
08-18-2016, 01:48 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I thought it was funny.

I think it's one of the funniest things I've seen online. some folks are wound a little too tightly...

what makes it funny isn't that there is a dead cat, if you think so then you aren't doing it right, what makes it funny is that some wise acre, made and put that sign there!

If you can't laugh at the darker side of things, you aren't living

JasonD08
08-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Kudos to Leon. This guy is disturbed. He went nuts because I wouldn't sell him a card. Something just isn't quite right. No place on this forum.

Jason

Beastmode
08-18-2016, 02:25 PM
There might be No bigger pet/animal lover than me. As for threads being deleted? They are usually left to set examples and also, so if someone wants to speak their mind, they can.

Nope. I'm a bigger animal lover than you. Have 35 chickens, 2 goats, 3 dogs and 2 cats. Kids have fostered over 32 pets from ARF here in North Calif. and everyone has found a home.

That being said, although Bob's post is in poor taste, it did not bother me nor did I take it personally. I did chuckle, but that's just me, I have no line of decency for humor.

pokerplyr80
08-18-2016, 02:28 PM
The OP has been a thorn in my side for a long time. I don't know why it is but some members think that just because I am the moderator they have immunity when giving me a hard time. The banishment was the result of not just this thread but several other things too. IF this was the first or second issue with him he would have gotten a warning. Almost everyone who has ever been banned didn't get banned for their first or second issue. My goal is to never ban anyone. Why would I want to as it hurts the forum? That being said when I have had enough, I have had enough. I am not a babysitter and if I am away from the board, or hit the hay early as I did last night, I don't want loose cannons spouting off crap that doesn't belong on this forum.

It's your forum, but this seems like an overreaction to a personal dispute. Bob contributes quite a bit to the forum in terms of his opinions and insights as well as sharing a pretty awesome collection. I hope you reconsider your decision if a permanent ban is intended.

nameless
08-18-2016, 02:36 PM
It's your forum, but this seems like an overreaction to a personal dispute. Bob contributes quite a bit to the forum in terms of his opinions and insights as well as sharing a pretty awesome collection. I hope you reconsider your decision if a permanent ban is intended.

+1

Leon
08-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Nope. I'm a bigger animal lover than you. Have 35 chickens, 2 goats, 3 dogs and 2 cats. Kids have fostered over 32 pets from ARF here in North Calif. and everyone has found a home.

That being said, although Bob's post is in poor taste, it did not bother me nor did I take it personally. I did chuckle, but that's just me, I have no line of decency for humor.

I took it personally and it bothered me.

FirstYearCards
08-18-2016, 02:41 PM
I think there's no place for this thread at all on this site. Nothing to do with sports or collecting, just garbage.

JasonD08
08-18-2016, 03:20 PM
How about this is a vintage card forum and not one to plug up with stupid threads? Go to FB for that nonsense. People wonder why people leave. I am on here about 5% of the time I was 10 years ago because of some of the filtering you have to do to get to interesting card topics.

Jason

bnorth
08-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Would hate for the forum to explode. Here is a pic of a pre-WWII card before post 50.:)

pokerplyr80
08-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Did you and another accuse him of stealing a card and suggest that he handle it quickly and quietly, Leon?

Leon
08-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Did you and another accuse him of stealing a card and suggest that he handle it quickly and quietly, Leon?

I sent him a PM (it was private) that said a board member, whom I have known for 15 yrs and believe, told me he was selling a signed Jack Nicklaus card which the member said he personally had signed. And according to the other member Bob was trying to sell it after it was reported lost. Again, all of this was private. Then Bob started making public comments about it as the other board member didn't want to do anything. I did tell Bob that if I were him I would just take care of it quickly and privately. All of this was done in PMs or emails and was private. I should add I never accused him of taking something. He might have thought that. I said another member was saying that, whom I have known 15 yrs, and I have not known to have lied before.

mattsey9
08-18-2016, 04:36 PM
Would hate for the forum to explode. Here is a pic of a pre-WWII card before post 50.:)

Sure... Post a card I was the underbidder for! :D

JasonD08
08-18-2016, 04:37 PM
DId you make harrassing phone calls to him threatening litigation and banishment? I would suggest letting members deal privately and sticking to the board. You know I am referring to.

Sean1125
08-18-2016, 04:41 PM
In the last week I've seen more off topic threads that have nothing to do with cards, card news, card information, or card companies than in the last 5 years combined.

Can you all shut up and get back to baseball cards?

Thanks,

Sean

Leon
08-18-2016, 04:42 PM
woops already addressed...and agreed, back to cards....

bnorth
08-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Sure... Post a card I was the underbidder for! :D

All I can say is Thank You very much for not making me pay a lot more. I had the old Net54 snipe bids ready.:) Had several browser pages open with higher bids on each one and a timer set so I knew I could get a last second bid in. Yes I really really wanted that card.:D