PDA

View Full Version : here's a hanful re: authenticy

FourStrikes
08-17-2016, 02:30 PM
found these in an envelope while going thru an office desk drawer - curious whether or not any of these are good / bad / ugly...I've had these for many years, but forgot about them...NOTHING stellar / rare, but should I consider putting them out there on the open market, I respect 54's opinion over the so-called TPA "experts" for authenticity opinions.

many thanks.

DS

upon my review, edited to add: correcting my own typos in the title in advance - title SHOULD read "here's a HANDFUL re: AUTHENTICITY"

thetruthisoutthere
08-17-2016, 05:18 PM
The Joe DiMaggio is a beautiful example of his autograph.

joed25
08-17-2016, 05:19 PM
DiMaggio and most of the cheap ones are good

mattjc1983
08-17-2016, 05:49 PM
If that last one is Winfield the D looks a little unusual only because I've never seen it open like that. I'm not an expert though so by no means does that mean it's not authentic; agree with the other posters that the other ones certainly seem to match known authentic examples. Great find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrier8HOF
08-17-2016, 06:03 PM
they all look good, with the exception of the two side by side Robin Roberts. They look very strange, which is funny because he signed everything, and was not a typical target of forgers.

perezfan
08-17-2016, 06:15 PM
they all look good, with the exception of the two side by side Robin Roberts. They look very strange, which is funny because he signed everything, and was not a typical target of forgers.

I was going to say the exact same, but refrained from comment. Who (in his right mind after all) would forge Robin Roberts?

The remainder look spot-on.

Mr. Zipper
08-17-2016, 06:30 PM
I was going to say the exact same, but refrained from comment. Who (in his right mind after all) would forge Robin Roberts?

Maybe wife, clubhouse or other proxy signed.

FourStrikes
08-18-2016, 02:30 PM

The remainder look spot-on.

I, too noticed the discrepancies on the one ROBERTS vs the other two...perhaps the two are a bottom-feeder forgery, or - despite some similarities THIS (sports related?) "Robin Roberts":

FourStrikes
08-18-2016, 02:42 PM
thank you for your (much appreciated) opinions

there's a few more I need to / want to upload for opinions prior to placing all of the above in the BST section - my conscience (holy sh!t?!) just won't allow me to put them out there - more than likely in ONE group lot - on the BST w/o the board's opinion/approval...

while I know there's nothing particularly rare / difficult that I've shown, I'm NOT attempting to get rich here - just maybe want to find them a good (new) home!

P.S. - I currently DO NOT have PayPal - F/F or otherwise, so should they wind up in the BST section, a check / MO will be required, w/items shipped upon receipt of payment, as I have good faith in this community...

a handful more images to come in the next few days as I get more time to post them - if there's interest, please make note of the above NO Paypal..

again, NOT a misplaced solicitation (inserted in wrong section) of items for sale, just want to be clear prior to offering them up at a fixed price in the very near future, to avoid any backlash...

best,
DS