PDA

View Full Version : SCP Error?

JimH5
08-17-2016, 05:55 AM
SCP is listing lot #904 as a Robin Yount plaque that was originally displayed at County Stadium. I have alerted them with my doubts that the plaque is actually from County Stadium, but have not heard back from them, and the listing remains unchanged.

County Stadium was demolished after the 2000 season and I don't remember ever seeing that plaque on display in that building.

The Brewers dedicated their Wall of Honor at Miller Park in 2014, and Yount was among the initial class of inductees. SCP includes a photo of Yount holding a plaque--probably this one being auctioned--in the listing. That photo is from the 2014 ceremony.

The Wall of Honor is on an exterior wall at Miller Park, and I believe that during the ceremony to unveil the plaques, inductees each receive their own copy of their displayed plaque.

I think it's an oversight by Yount and SCP on the origin of this plaque. But I think it's from 2014 and not 2000 or before.

JimH5
08-17-2016, 12:03 PM
Just received a response from SCP that they corrected the auction listing. I looked at the listing and I think they did a good job of describing what the item is.