PDA

View Full Version : Collection Focus help needed, kind of

7nohitter
08-15-2016, 05:01 PM
I primarily collect Nolan Ryan. I have signed jerseys, over 50 signed balls, many many signed cards and photos. However, I have a dilemma.

Until user sbfinley alerted me, I had no idea that Nolan was no longer going to be singing through his organization! I called and confirmed this, Nolan is no longer signing items received after September 30th.

So, what do I send him to sign? I'm looking for some guidance beyond the obvious. I have tickets, balls, bats, cards, photos, etc. signed and I feel like this is my last chance to get that unique piece signed.

I'd appreciate all thoughts and ideas! I'm sure there are many terrific ones out there.

Thanks,
Andrew

Bruinsfan94
08-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Beside his rookie, are there any other cards that you could end up getting dual signed? Or muti signed items in general.

Scott Garner
08-15-2016, 05:39 PM
I primarily collect Nolan Ryan. I have signed jerseys, over 50 signed balls, many many signed cards and photos. However, I have a dilemma.

Until user sbfinley alerted me, I had no idea that Nolan was no longer going to be singing through his organization! I called and confirmed this, Nolan is no longer signing items received after September 30th.

So, what do I send him to sign? I'm looking for some guidance beyond the obvious. I have tickets, balls, bats, cards, photos, etc. signed and I feel like this is my last chance to get that unique piece signed.

I'd appreciate all thoughts and ideas! I'm sure there are many terrific ones out there.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
It's funny, but I have asked myself the same question over 44 years of collecting Nolan! :)
In answer to your question, I would first ask yourself which items in your collection would obviously be enhanced by adding Nolan's signature to it?
More specifically, for your particular collection, which items have you always thought you might want signed?

Good luck with making your choices!

Shoeless Moe
08-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Until user sbfinley alerted me, I had no idea that Nolan was no longer going to be singing through his organization!

I've never heard him sing before, but if he stopping now, I better buy up all his CDs/Albums : )

yanksfan09
08-15-2016, 05:52 PM
cowboy hat/ something ranch related perhaps?

Klrdds
08-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Do you have any game worn jerseys or hats or game used bats ?
Or maybe a replica jersey ?

bnorth
08-15-2016, 07:15 PM
Anything as long as it says To And.rew Mil.ler from Nolan Ryan.:)

7nohitter
08-15-2016, 07:21 PM
Hi Andrew,
It's funny, but I have asked myself the same question over 44 years of collecting Nolan! :)
In answer to your question, I would first ask yourself which items in your collection would obviously be enhanced by adding Nolan's signature to it?
More specifically, for your particular collection, which items have you always thought you might want signed?

Good luck with making your choices!

I knew you'd understand, Scott! Hard for me to believe, but I've been collecting Nolan for a little over 20 years and in that time I feel like I've gotten everything autographed that I wanted to.

Although, as I'm writing this I'm remembering the WS game 3 ticket stub that I have; THAT would look great with a Ryan signature!

7nohitter
08-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Do you have any game worn jerseys or hats or game used bats ?
Or maybe a replica jersey ?

Yep, got all these!

7nohitter
08-15-2016, 07:23 PM
I've never heard him sing before, but if he stopping now, I better buy up all his CDs/Albums : )

Paul,

They're limited releases, I think one was with Conway Twitty back in '74!

Scott Garner
08-15-2016, 07:43 PM
I knew you'd understand, Scott! Hard for me to believe, but I've been collecting Nolan for a little over 20 years and in that time I feel like I've gotten everything autographed that I wanted to.

Although, as I'm writing this I'm remembering the WS game 3 ticket stub that I have; THAT would look great with a Ryan signature!

Well, there you go! ;)

thenavarro
08-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Get Graig Kreindler to whip you up one of his color studies and get it with a young portrait of Nolan. Have Nolan sign it and add a bunch of his career stats to it. Then you'd have a beautiful, one of a kind, original artwork that would display beautifully and enhance your impressive Ryan collection.

FourStrikes
08-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Get Graig Kreindler to whip you up one of his color studies and get it with a young portrait of Nolan. Have Nolan sign it and add a bunch of his career stats to it. Then you'd have a beautiful, one of a kind, original artwork that would display beautifully and enhance your impressive Ryan collection.

+ a sh!tload - THAT would be an awesome piece.

7nohitter
08-16-2016, 07:04 AM

That is a great idea, Mike! Unfortunately, time and $$ are against me on that one!