PDA

View Full Version : Help with antique cast iron football player door stop

RackPackManiac
08-14-2016, 04:29 PM
I would appreciate any help you guys could give me on this cast iron door stop I just purchased. The piece stands 6 1/2 inches tall and is marked "VA2" and "PAT PEND". I have been unable to find a match to it or the maker. Thanks!

ooo-ribay
08-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Sorry I can't help, but I really like it! Carlton might know something...

FourStrikes
08-14-2016, 09:02 PM
Sorry I can't help, but I really like it! Carlton might know something...

agreed - nice piece, AND Carlton is da man for this kind of stuff!

CarltonHendricks
08-15-2016, 12:37 PM
I would appreciate any help you guys could give me on this cast iron door stop I just purchased. The piece stands 6 1/2 inches tall and is marked "VA2" and "PAT PEND". I have been unable to find a match to it or the maker. Thanks!

RackPack...Thanks for the PM...Whoa that thing's killer...No I don't think I've ever seen one...It strikes me more as a bookend...looks very 20's to me...There are a handful of antique football bookends out there that surface regularly...but yours is not one of them...Great find man...Whats the story on where you found it?...Let me know if you want to part with it...it's right up my artery...I mean alley...

RackPackManiac
08-15-2016, 01:54 PM
Thanks for help guys!

ctownboy
08-15-2016, 02:39 PM
The school colors for the University of Virginia are blue and orange. Could the "VA" on the back stand for Virginia and the "2" stand for the second bookend?

David

ooo-ribay
08-15-2016, 02:42 PM
The school colors for the University of Virginia are blue and orange. Could the "VA" on the back stand for Virginia and the "2" stand for the second bookend?

David

I like that theory!