PDA

View Full Version : Check out all the recent activity of this scummy seller

RichardSimon
08-13-2016, 08:47 AM
http://www.ebay.com/csc/thehafts/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1

How can there still be so many dopes in the hobby?

btcarfagno
08-13-2016, 09:05 AM
That made me absolutely sick. The forgers that make their stuff for CC have found a new outlet and Ebay...not surprisingly...is 100% complicit.

The people buying these cannot possibly be "in the hobby". These have to be people who know the Halper name (though perhaps not the later sordid details), and who trust Ebay not to allow obvious forgeries on their site. They also obviously don't care about throwing money around.

I have to think that Ebay is going to stop this at some point. Too many people are losing way too much money.

So so sad.

Tom C

bigtrain
08-13-2016, 10:34 AM
I had a friend who worked for Halper Bros. years ago. He had reams of that stationery that he used to cut up and use for scratch paper. We don't even know that Barry signed those COAs.

thetruthisoutthere
08-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Ebay seller Thehafts name should be "The Shaft."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimmie-Foxx-Autographed-Baseball-w-Barry-Halper-COA-/232041789245?hash=item3606c4b73d%3Ag%3AuGEAAOSwbsB Xp-FO&nma=true&si=XpMKZODhQJnSCTsGJgwuylG8IBA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

GrayGhost
08-13-2016, 10:42 AM
Ebay seller Thehafts name should be "The Shaft."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimmie-Foxx-Autographed-Baseball-w-Barry-Halper-COA-/232041789245?hash=item3606c4b73d%3Ag%3AuGEAAOSwbsB Xp-FO&nma=true&si=XpMKZODhQJnSCTsGJgwuylG8IBA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I noticed that and he probably has that as a "hidden" way to let people know he is fleecing them.

RichardSimon
08-13-2016, 11:28 AM
A blind man could follow this trail:
From CC in PA to theshaft in FLA.
To dopes or other crooks on ebay.
Funny how so much crap winds up coming out of FLA.

GrayGhost
08-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Its really really sad and needs to be stopped.

RichardSimon
08-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Its really really sad and needs to be stopped.

John Gonzalez and the EMR team at ebay could have stopped it but ebay decided they did not need John or need a team of volunteers to keep the garbage away.
They decided that their commissions were more important than the health of our hobby.

thetruthisoutthere
08-13-2016, 12:06 PM
John Gonzalez and the EMR team at ebay could have stopped it but ebay decided they did not need John or need a team of volunteers to keep the garbage away.
They decided that their commissions were more important than the health of our hobby.

+1

thetruthisoutthere
08-13-2016, 12:07 PM
All of that crap from Ebay seller Thehafts ("The Shaft") no doubt originates from Coach's Corner (Scott Malack & Lee Trythall).

btcarfagno
08-13-2016, 02:49 PM
I went to a local "mall show" about six months ago and was talking to a dealer there. Things were going along nicely until he mentioned having attended live auctions at CC. He said it matter-of-factly as if he didn't know any better. He actually told me that after his first few times there, the owners actually told him which items to "stay away from". I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Tom C

RichardSimon
08-13-2016, 05:33 PM
I went to a local "mall show" about six months ago and was talking to a dealer there. Things were going along nicely until he mentioned having attended live auctions at CC. He said it matter-of-factly as if he didn't know any better. He actually told me that after his first few times there, the owners actually told him which items to "stay away from". I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Tom C

Did they tell him to stay away from everything?? :D

GrayGhost
08-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Chris used to blame buyers too on h is videos and he is right. I mean, come on. some very tough names. all w DARK sigs on "dirty old balls" with very similar letter formation. People, use your brainpower, if you have any

thetruthisoutthere
08-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Chris used to blame buyers too on h is videos and he is right. I mean, come on. some very tough names. all w DARK sigs on "dirty old balls" with very similar letter formation. People, use your brainpower, if you have any

Simply delusional people.

gnaz01
08-14-2016, 05:13 AM
This further shows how many "collectors" never read this site........

rjackson44
08-14-2016, 06:44 AM
All of that crap from Ebay seller Thehafts ("The Shaft") no doubt originates from Coach's Corner (Scott Malack & Lee Trythall).

Christophers videos were great ,its sad what goes on .ebay is dumping ground for garbage

bbcard1
08-14-2016, 07:20 AM
I had a buddy who assembled a 1927 Yankees piece of cuts, mostly from CC. He had already completed it and I have not had the heart to tell him.

GrayGhost
08-14-2016, 08:01 AM
I had a buddy who assembled a 1927 Yankees piece of cuts, mostly from CC. He had already completed it and I have not had the heart to tell him.

:(:(

RTK
08-14-2016, 08:17 AM
All the signatures, on worn balls, seem to have been done yesterday, and all the signatures seem to be the same size. It's to the point of questioning any involvement in the hobby, maybe just enjoy what you have. Who can you trust?

btcarfagno
08-14-2016, 08:22 AM
All the signatures, on worn balls, seem to have been done yesterday, and all the signatures seem to be the same size. It's to the point of questioning any involvement in the hobby, maybe just enjoy what you have. Who can you trust?

If you are talking about fairly well done fakes I can agree with you. These do not rise to that level however. These are tantamount to someone hand drawing a stick figure image of a dog, and then finding a batch of Charles Schultz letterhead and claiming it is an original Schultz Snoopy sketch.

These are terrible.

Tom C

johnmh71
08-14-2016, 08:50 AM
You would think that the guy would throw a legit Bob Feller or two for appearance purposes, but he is so greedy that he is sticking to the big ticket fraud. Disgraceful.

RTK
08-14-2016, 09:10 AM
If you are talking about fairly well done fakes I can agree with you. These do not rise to that level however. These are tantamount to someone hand drawing a stick figure image of a dog, and then finding a batch of Charles Schultz letterhead and claiming it is an original Schultz Snoopy sketch.

These are terrible.

Tom C

I actually am, I'd just read the Rose rookie counterfeit thread, It drives me, (a more novice collector than expert), away from buying. I appreciate the knowledge base here. I've bought a few things from folks here and truly apprecitae when more knowledgeable collectors call things out. If I can see a fraud, it must be bad.

RichardSimon
08-14-2016, 09:43 AM
His stuff is 100% from CC. The crooked forgers of CC who do baseballs are never any good.
At the moment he has no autographs for sale on ebay.
We must keep an eye on this seller and take further actions if he starts to sell more crap.
Maybe multiple reports from many 54 members can get ebay to wake up on this seller.

irv
08-14-2016, 09:47 AM
This further shows how many "collectors" never read this site........

I have owned my 52 Topps cards for over 25 yrs now and I didn't know sites like Net54 existed.

I just joined in January of this year.

News of the Cobb find, Gretzky's recent RC price, and numerous other stories are bring people out in droves.

More and more people are entering the hobby everyday and these fraud/con artists know it. :mad:

Fuddjcal
08-14-2016, 10:30 AM

They don't have any brains. They are complete and utter boobs & ignoramus's PERIOD BAR NONE.

After further review of my friend Fonzies's old videos calling out the dopey buyers...The play stands as called on the field.

Fuddjcal
08-14-2016, 10:33 AM
I have owned my 52 Topps cards for over 25 yrs now and I didn't know sites like Net54 existed.

I just joined in January of this year.

News of the Cobb find, Gretzky's recent RC price, and numerous other stories are bring people out in droves.

More and more people are entering the hobby everyday and these fraud/con artists know it. :mad:

welcome to the revolution....get that Prodigy dial up service in Canada going already...It will open a whole new world for you...:p

1952boyntoncollector
08-14-2016, 10:33 AM
http://www.ebay.com/csc/thehafts/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1

How can there still be so many dopes in the hobby?

Well the item probably comes from a smoke free home. So that part is true. However, you need to be smoking something to list items like this and to buy them

RichardSimon
08-14-2016, 10:34 AM
They don't have any brains. They are complete and utter boobs & ignoramus's PERIOD BAR NONE.

After further review of my friend Fonzies's old videos calling out the dopey buyers...The play stands as called on the field.

ROFL,,, Fuddj always tells it like it is.
WTG Chuck :D

RichardSimon
08-14-2016, 10:35 AM
Well the item probably comes from a smoke free home. So that part is true. However, you need to be smoking something to list items like this and to buy them

CC has finally found a way to get their horseshit onto ebay.

Fuddjcal
08-14-2016, 10:35 AM

plus I really need that Chick Hafey guy for my collection....This is an anal eddie buyer from the get go, so the knucklehead gets what he deserves...Fake Chick Hafeys...

thetruthisoutthere
08-14-2016, 11:14 AM
That crap is definitely Coach's Corner Auction (Lee Trythall & Scott Malack) garbage.

The seller knows exactly what he is selling.

He calls the source where he purchased them as "reputable."

RichardSimon
08-14-2016, 11:56 AM
That crap is definitely Coach's Corner Auction (Lee Trythall & Scott Malack) garbage.

The seller knows exactly what he is selling.

He calls the source where he purchased them as "reputable."

His definition of reputable must be from a dictionary that none of us use.

RichardSimon
08-19-2016, 06:47 PM
This seller gets more interesting as time goes on.
Now he has three CC fakes and a bunch of JSA witnessed modern autographs.
Too bad ebay does not give a crap but I am reporting those three baseballs and I encourage all here to report them too. Maybe ebay will do something then?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/thehafts/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3Anull%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2654

Klrdds
08-19-2016, 08:37 PM
I am amazed whenever I see this stuff at CC or now on this website that these forgers always use the same style pen and ink .

RichardSimon
08-19-2016, 09:04 PM
CC forgers/consignors cannot afford to buy too many pens :D.
If only the Feds could get that consignor list.