PDA

View Full Version : No Kickers?

RollieFingers
08-12-2016, 01:40 PM
I just wanted to mention..

I've bought a few store packs of 40 and 52 cards of 'Panini Prestige' and 'Score'

but I'm pretty sure out of like 300 cards or so, I dont have any kickers.

did they not take their picture?

PowderedH2O
08-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Over the past decade or so, the market for football cards has strictly become skill position players, rookies, and superstars. If a player does not meet these criteria, then no card. A guy could be a starting offensive tackle for ten years, but he gets nothing. But, the companies will make cards of a team's fifth wide receiver. I don't get it. The old Topps sets of the 60's and 70's had kickers, punters, linemen, etc. Now, it is just a skill position set with a few All-Pro calibre defensive guys.

Toppsduffr
08-16-2016, 01:44 PM
This is why I stopped buying modern cards. I build sets and I don't want a set full of "rookies" who will be on the practice squad for two years and then out of the league never to play in a regular season NFL game.

DBesse27
08-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Or a set that includes Anthony Gonzalez or the Panthers' 5th RB, but not donta Hightower or other pro bowl LBs

jefferyepayne
08-17-2016, 05:20 AM
Unfortunately, this is what football cards have come to. Most modern collectors don't seem to be set collectors (and if they are they just buy the complete set!) so the manufacturers focus on those that are chasing rookies and stars.

I don't see this changing any time soon.

jeff

RollieFingers
08-17-2016, 04:29 PM
now you tell me? :D

thats just weird..and you know what?
now that i'm older Ive decided that kicker is like a top 3 most important player on any team!
his only job is points.
I want to get a custom jersey with a kickers name on the back which will confuse dumb fans to no end :D

Hot Springs Bathers
08-17-2016, 06:11 PM
I usually buy one pack a year and this week bought a 52 card pack of Panini football. I was surprised after reading here about the kickers to receive no. 147 Vinatieri and no. 238 Janikowski!

Also could someone tell me about the last card in the pack that says
"go to PaniniGridiron.com and enter this promo code to receive 10 free packs." Are these digital packs or actual packs?

RollieFingers
08-17-2016, 11:25 PM
I usually buy one pack a year and this week bought a 52 card pack of Panini football. I was surprised after reading here about the kickers to receive no. 147 Vinatieri and no. 238 Janikowski!

Also could someone tell me about the last card in the pack that says
"go to PaniniGridiron.com and enter this promo code to receive 10 free packs." Are these digital packs or actual packs?

i'm sure its digital.

one pack a year? what?