PDA

View Full Version : Collectable app

Snapolit1
08-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Collectable app has really grown on me. Keeps me from missing an auction. Cool app. I have no affiliation to it but commend it if you haven't checked it out.

Section103
08-11-2016, 07:52 PM
+1.

Huge impact on my collecting activities.

Stonepony
08-11-2016, 08:40 PM
I wish they'd fix the " wishlist" function. Simply doesn't work. If I add " 1969 Mickey mantle psa 9" it will populate that issue , but also tons of cards which are not what I listed. Very annoying, it's been a problem since the apps inception and they obviously can't fix it. You can't delete cards populated in the wishlist which is double annoying. Here is a partial screen shot of what the app populated in my "1962 Mickey mantle psa 8" wishlist

Zan
08-12-2016, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the tip!

Snapolit1
08-12-2016, 10:04 AM
I agree that the wishlist pulls up some extraneous stuff. But it has not been so much that I've found it a huge nuisance.

Danny Smith
08-12-2016, 12:33 PM
I like it

almostdone
08-12-2016, 12:51 PM
I like it

Me too. Since joining there have been many more items I've lost bidding on. I've never been an under bidder so much in my life. Two more last night. Doesn't anyone have a Clemente signed ball I can afford?!?!:D
Drew

(PS If you do have one, let me know);)

Topnotchsy
08-12-2016, 03:27 PM
I met the owner at the Nationals this year and it's definitely a useful tool. It does seem to be a little buggy, missing some items and some other small issues, but I've definitely spent way too much time on it recently lol.

vintagerookies51
08-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Loving this app- thanks for the tip!

njdunkin1
08-17-2016, 10:49 AM
Can someone link the app/name of the app for me please? Looks really cool :]

Snapolit1
08-17-2016, 12:47 PM
....name of the app is the first word of my post . . . . .

Bliggity
08-17-2016, 03:56 PM
I've been using the app for a couple weeks and really like it also. Dave (the owner) reached out to me and asked me for feedback, which I appreciated. I told him my main suggestions were -

1. More auction houses. They're missing about 5-6 popular ones. I know that's out of his control to some extent though.

2. I agree that it's a little buggy. My watch list won't appear when I click on it. I have to click on the icon, and then hit "back" on my phone, and then click the icon again, and it will load.

3. My biggest suggestion is that they add the sort feature to the wish list. You can sort your watch list (for example, by time ending soonest), but you can't sort your wish list. This gets frustrating if you're tracking a big category, such as "T206," where there might be dozens of auctions in the wish list. Since they seem to be listed in fairly random order, and you can't sort them to show the newly-added entries first, it can be really hard to figure out what's a new listing and what's not. Easy to miss stuff this way in a big wish-list category.

Overall I love the app & look forward to using it more!

egri
08-17-2016, 08:42 PM
I've used it for a couple weeks, and already nabbed two auctions that otherwise would have slipped by me. The wish list is a little buggy, but for an app I got for free, it's not bad enough for me to complain.

frankbmd
08-18-2016, 08:14 AM
I am rarely looking for a specific card come hell or high water regardless of price. If I can't get a card for what I consider a fair price, I simply pass.
The app in question finds cards well, but the vast majority of them are listings I wouldn't ever consider for this reason. It has not been a useful tool for me.

As a corollary, if there was a good buy included in the apps notifications to thousands of collectors, it would cease to be one.
If the hunt is what keeps us going, don't hire a "hunter".