PDA

View Full Version : OT: Dixie Baseball & Southeastern Little League

Nashvol
08-10-2016, 12:37 PM
I'll let fellow forum member Dixie Baseball (http://www.net54baseball.com/member.php?u=445) share the outcome, but Jeremy's twins boys are playing in the Southeastern Little League regional finals today at 2 PM (Central) in Warner-Robins, Georgia. A victory sends the Goodlettsville, TN team to Williamsport. Let's send happy thoughts and well-wishes to Jeremy, his family and especially the boys!

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/sports%20/2016/08/09/goodlettsville-face-peachtree-city-southeast-regional-final/88501566/

Jason
08-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Great thread for a great hobby veteran.

Good luck to your boys Jeremy. I enjoy the LLWS yearly and it would be cool to have a little connection to a team!

doug.goodman
08-10-2016, 02:57 PM
They have a pretty good lead in the 4th inning...

My dad heads for Williamsport in the morning, he has been volunteering at the LLWS for nearly as long as I can remember.

doug.goodman
08-10-2016, 03:13 PM
They just won via the mercy rule...

Congrats!

Vintagecatcher
08-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Congrats to Jeremy and your twins.

Here's hoping they go all the way!

Patrick

Nashvol
08-23-2016, 07:53 PM
For anyone watching the Tennessee/California LLWS, Jeremy's boys are playing great tonight. And he's manning the dugout quite well through the excitement...

Jason
08-23-2016, 08:14 PM
I was hoping this thread would pop up again. I watched the first game and a little of tonights. I wasnt aware Jeremy was the coach how cool is that. One of his boys homered in that first game. Congrats to you and the whole family J!

Leon
08-23-2016, 08:30 PM
I was hoping this thread would pop up again. I watched the first game and a little of tonights. I wasnt aware Jeremy was the coach how cool is that. One of his boys homered in that first game. Congrats to you and the whole family J!

+1 Very cool!! Congrats to Jeremy and family...

Nashvol
08-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Goodlettsville wins, and will play for the US championship on Saturday. Congratulations to forum member Dixie Baseball's twin boys and Jeremy!

Nashvol
08-27-2016, 03:39 PM
The team may have lost the US title game, but Goodlettsville and the Jones boys are winners. All three of 'em...

Vintagecatcher
08-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Congrats to Tanner, Tyler, and Jeremy Jones on a great run with the Goodlettsville, TN Little League team!

Patrick

bobbvc
08-27-2016, 06:19 PM
Great run! Fun to watch team.

Jason
08-27-2016, 10:37 PM
I missed the Championship game tonight:( It is quite an accomplishment in itself to even get to the Series let alone finish second. Congrats to the whole JJ family. It made this LLWS a little bit more special than usual and boy do I love this tournament.

DixieBaseball
10-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Hobby Net 54 Friends,

I am just seeing this thread for the first time and have been inactive the last few months as my boys had a magical run with their team this past summer all the way to the U.S. Championship game in the Little League World Series!

I bumped into Skip Nipper today at a Baseball event in Nashville, and he mentioned Net 54, this post, and I came home to scour through the search thread to find it and boom. Here it is...

I will try to be short winded here, but Thank you to all those that posted their support, and to the many Net 54 Friends (you know who you are) who text, emailed, messaged me regarding our team from the Southeast.

I was very humbled to be a part of this incredible experience as a coach/dad and it was one magical ride! Our team had 3 come from behind wins in the LLWS which left special memories, and we played the max number of games (7). I was able to see my twin boys hit Home runs, which helped win games against NorthWest (Oregon) and the West (California). One of my son's was given the Top Web Gem of the LLWS by ESPN Baseball tonight for "The Tag" at home to save the game against California. (I was too busy to get too caught up in it, as a bench coach, team mom :D, but it was fairy tale stuff and it lasted for 2-3 weeks which was much longer than that 10 minutes of fame we all hear about...) Too many memories, words to describe the experience, but I am Thankful to have met so many wonderful people from around the world, and I can't wait to visit again as a fan. 12 year old Baseball is so pure and LL does an incredible job capturing it all.

Thanks again for all the kind words and we are adjusting back to "normal" life just in time for the MLB playoffs!

Leon
10-10-2016, 06:59 AM
Congrats Jerome. What more could a parent ask for? Little League was one of the best memories of my baseball career. Thanks for sharing a few of your memories and your children's experiences. As a dad I can only imagine how you felt during the games. What a blessing!!

Hobby Net 54 Friends,

I am just seeing this thread for the first time and have been inactive the last few months as my boys had a magical run with their team this past summer all the way to the U.S. Championship game in the Little League World Series!

I bumped into Skip Nipper today at a Baseball event in Nashville, and he mentioned Net 54, this post, and I came home to scour through the search thread to find it and boom. Here it is...

I will try to be short winded here, but Thank you to all those that posted their support, and to the many Net 54 Friends (you know who you are) who text, emailed, messaged me regarding our team from the Southeast.

I was very humbled to be a part of this incredible experience as a coach/dad and it was one magical ride! Our team had 3 come from behind wins in the LLWS which left special memories, and we played the max number of games (7). I was able to see my twin boys hit Home runs, which helped win games against NorthWest (Oregon) and the West (California). One of my son's was given the Top Web Gem of the LLWS by ESPN Baseball tonight for "The Tag" at home to save the game against California. (I was too busy to get too caught up in it, as a bench coach, team mom :D, but it was fairy tale stuff and it lasted for 2-3 weeks which was much longer than that 10 minutes of fame we all here about...) Too many memories, words to describe the experience, but I am Thankful to have met so many wonderful people from around the world, and I can't wait to visit again as a fan. 12 year old Baseball is so pure and LL does an incredible job capturing it all.

Thanks again for all the kind words and we are adjusting back to "normal" life just in time for the MLB playoffs!

Jason
10-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Congrats again to you and the family J. I watch the LLWS every year and it was a little more special this year since I had a team to cheer for. Plus it was cool putting a face to the name after the years we have been in contact via BB cards. J sold me my first and a few other OB's to start my journey. Treasure the memories my friend.