PDA

View Full Version : Goodwin & Co Auction closing - Friday - 8/12/16

Leon
08-10-2016, 08:18 AM
As a friendly reminder for one of our valued advertisers, Goodwin and Co Auctions is ending their current auction This Friday.....

http://goodwinandco.com/catalog.aspx

And here is as statement put out by the company concerning the auction. Good luck everyone!!

Dear Collector,
I would like to welcome you to "Masterpieces and Uncommon Commons LXVII." Our catalog has a wide array of quality collectibles for both the collector and the investor. Three fantastic 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle cards lead off our auction. All three display outstanding aesthetics that go far beyond their technical grades. In fact, it would be difficult to find better examples in respect to their assigned grades.

A rare Uncle Jack's Babe Ruth card, just one of 8 known graded copies, is proudly offered and highly recommended. First year or rookie cards of Hall of Famers in high grade have become some of the hobbies most sought after collectibles. This auction has a large selection of these first year cards including Clemente, Koufax, Reggie Jackson, Ryan, Seaver, Banks, Staubach, West, Gretzky, Bench and several more. Other highlights include a T206 Eddie Plank and mint examples of Musial, Banks, Jackson and Namath just to name a few. One of the collectible world's most iconic treasures is the Superman comic book #1 which is presented in Lot #6 in these pages. A 1960s breathtaking original painting by the renown Leroy Neiman of Muhammad Ali is simply one of the finest items we have ever presented for auction. Historically important correspondence of Woodrow Wilson and a hand-written speech by Muhammad Ali, both with racial references, are museum worthy pieces that will no doubt be the pride of some lucky collector's collection. Please don't miss the $1,000.00 Federal Reserve bill, the Teddy Roosevelt, Herbert Hoover and Connie Mack personal letters and the high grade T206s with difficult backs.
We sincerely hope you have fun with the auction.

http://goodwinandco.com/catalog.aspx

Leon
08-12-2016, 06:35 AM
A friendly bump especially since I posted the incorrect ending day originally. :eek: Good luck tonight, everyone.

hshrimps
08-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Have u guys pick up anything from last nite Goodwin auction? I noticed many of their items didn't sell? They are all "Pass".

e107collector
08-13-2016, 07:48 AM
Have u guys pick up anything from last nite Goodwin auction? I noticed many of their items didn't sell? They are all "Pass".

I had my eye on the E107 Lajoie Type 2, but I didn't bite. I couldn't justify that price on a Type 2, although it's a great looking card. Strong activity on that one.

Also, can someone explain the ending price on the PSA 8 1955 Topps Clemente? Last month Goodwin sold one around $150K - last night one sold for $62K? $88K price drop in one month? Hmmmmm

Tony

bobbyw8469
08-13-2016, 07:48 AM

LOL...whatever that means....maybe they only want to sell to this "buying group" that is paying these obscene prices.

botn
08-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Also, can someone explain the ending price on the PSA 8 1955 Topps Clemente? Last month Goodwin sold one around $150K - last night one sold for $62K? $88K price drop in one month? Hmmmmm

Tony

Some will say it was too close to the National, or that this was a very weak example (poor focus or centering or some problem with the back) or that PSA is not doing the same kind of aggressive marketing campaign but I think most of us know better.