PDA

View Full Version : New card shop opening Sept 2nd in Raleigh, NC!!

Jlcherry2477
08-09-2016, 08:00 PM
So we have a card shop grand opening first weekend of September (2nd-4th) in Raleigh, NC! We hope to see any of the local collectors that weekend as we will have free food/drinks & prizes!....

Please stop by or contact me/us for more information on what our store can do for you!!!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z116/jlcherry2477/tradingcard_zpsqtanxcf0.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/jlcherry2477/media/tradingcard_zpsqtanxcf0.jpg.html)

Thekid1
08-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Congrats. I am headed to NC in next few months I'll stop by if I have the time.

Leon
08-09-2016, 08:43 PM
This board has always supported shows and card shops. In that vein this was copied over to the front page. Good luck guys !!

Jason
08-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Talk about timing. I have to be in Durham on the 3rd so I will stop by and check it out.

hshrimps
08-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Wish you good luck. It is a tough battle against internet sales. We will support you!!

ksabet
08-10-2016, 08:30 AM
I live in Chapel Hill so I will be frequenting. Please have vintage...I will spread the word.

polakoff
08-10-2016, 10:58 AM
I know the owners of the shop personally...they are stand up guys and I have no doubt the shop will do well. Makes me wish I was still living in NC! (except for the cold, and the snow)

Bliggity
08-10-2016, 12:22 PM
James - congrats on the shop, I've been looking forward to the opening since the announcement was posted on our local FB group. Can you tell us a little more about the co-op nature of the store - sounds like a neat idea but would like to know more about what you're envisioning. And like Kiya said - please have vintage and prewar! There are no good vintage/prewar options within 100 miles of Raleigh.

Jlcherry2477
08-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Congrats. I am headed to NC in next few months I'll stop by if I have the time.
Please do! And please introduce yourself as a member here so we can put a face to the name! Looking forward to seeing you there!
This board has always supported shows and card shops. In that vein this was copied over to the front page. Good luck guys !!
Thanks for copying this to the front, I didn't really know the best place to post it!
Talk about timing. I have to be in Durham on the 3rd so I will stop by and check it out.
We will be looking forward to meeting you! Free food, drinks, and prizes that weekend!
Wish you good luck. It is a tough battle against internet sales. We will support you!!
Thank you for your support! We will have an internet presence, so we hope this helps drive sales!
I live in Chapel Hill so I will be frequenting. Please have vintage...I will spread the word.
We are working on getting more vintage as we speak! Thanks for spreading the word! Any recommendations that you would like to see the store carrying?
I know the owners of the shop personally...they are stand up guys and I have no doubt the shop will do well. Makes me wish I was still living in NC! (except for the cold, and the snow)
Unfortunately we do know this guy....:D...thanks for the support David!
James - congrats on the shop, I've been looking forward to the opening since the announcement was posted on our local FB group. Can you tell us a little more about the co-op nature of the store - sounds like a neat idea but would like to know more about what you're envisioning. And like Kiya said - please have vintage and prewar! There are no good vintage/prewar options within 100 miles of Raleigh.
As far as the co-op part of the store, several of the showcases will be available for consignment at a monthly price (1st month free with 3-month sign up). Also, many items throughout the store to include memorabilia may be consigned.

We will also have a website dedicated to singles that can be consigned on a month-to-month basis. We will scan, list, and post your cards to the site. You will be able to set your prices on the items you submit and people can make offers on those cards. We will promote the website vigorously through social media to help build an audience from all over.

And finally, we will offer to list through eBay on our store eBay page as well...we will have supplies, boxes, singles, and more available in the store! Please come by and check us out! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me!

Rookiemonster
08-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Good luck ! My brother lives in Durham next time I pay him a visit I'll also pay the shop one !

tschock
08-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Now that's the kind of "front page" news we like to hear. Thanks for moving, Leon.

I'll be taking the short jaunt over from Durham, James.

bobbyw8469
08-11-2016, 04:24 AM

Have you ever been to the card shop in Fayetteville?

Bliggity
08-11-2016, 05:48 AM
Have you ever been to the card shop in Fayetteville?

No, but my understanding was that they only do MTG/gaming. Is that not correct?

bobbyw8469
08-11-2016, 07:01 AM
No, but my understanding was that they only do MTG/gaming. Is that not correct?

That is not correct. It is in that little strip mall off of Santa Fe where the Winn Dixie used to be. They have cards, coins, comics, supplies. I haven't been in there in awhile, because they last time I was in there, the owner showed me his 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set. We got to talking and the time escaped me. Next thing I know, I had been an hour in there in what was supposed to be a quick glance around. My girlfriend waited in the car the whole time and was furious when I finally came out.

bobbyw8469
08-11-2016, 07:03 AM
It was called the Cumberland Coin Exchange, and it's been awhile since I been in there. I just did a little research and it looks like it recently closed??

This might explain why...

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/theft-closes-ponderosa-post-office-in-fayetteville/article_0b4f2ddb-44a6-54b1-b0ee-334552a6475f.html

Bliggity
08-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about "Cardz-n-Things," which is a gaming store. Never heard of the Coin Exchange, but it does look like it's closed.

bnorth
08-11-2016, 08:31 AM
That is not correct. It is in that little strip mall off of Santa Fe where the Winn Dixie used to be. They have cards, coins, comics, supplies. I haven't been in there in awhile, because they last time I was in there, the owner showed me his 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set. We got to talking and the time escaped me. Next thing I know, I had been an hour in there in what was supposed to be a quick glance around. My girlfriend waited in the car the whole time and was furious when I finally came out.

Robert you are lucky to be alive, I would have been afraid to fall asleep for at least a few days after that.:)

Jlcherry2477
08-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about "Cardz-n-Things," which is a gaming store. Never heard of the Coin Exchange, but it does look like it's closed.

yes, Gene was the owner of the coin exchange...the only actual LCS left around Fayetteville and it was closed several months ago as Gene is having some health issues. It's unfortunate how scarce LCS's are these days, but we have a way to hopefully keep the stores doors open and get the hobby thriving again!

bobbyw8469
08-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Robert you are lucky to be alive, I would have been afraid to fall asleep for at least a few days after that.:)

LOL...she is understanding (sort of)......a good girl!

rgpete
08-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Im @ 1 hr away,more than likely will check it out. What kind of selection for baseball cards, prewar, postwar and or new.Also there's a card shop in Greenville NC called "The Batters Box" Good Luck

Jlcherry2477
08-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Im @ 1 hr away,more than likely will check it out. What kind of selection for baseball cards, prewar, postwar and or new.Also there's a card shop in Greenville NC called "The Batters Box" Good Luck

At this time we are vigoursly seeking more vintage cards to add to the inventory. We have several singles available. Unfortunately we will not have prewar cards at opening, but will be interested in pursuing those as well. We will carry modern cards in case/box/packs and offer presales on new releases.

We look forward to meeting you in the near future!

Leon
08-13-2016, 06:41 AM
At this time we are vigoursly seeking more vintage cards to add to the inventory. We have several singles available. Unfortunately we will not have prewar cards at opening, but will be interested in pursuing those as well. We will carry modern cards in case/box/packs and offer presales on new releases.

We look forward to meeting you in the near future!

No Prewar? Blasphemy!! :) Good luck and I am sure you guys will work everything out over time. I like your idea of doing so many different things to monetize the store to try to be profitable. Brick and mortar ain't cheap. And I hope you didn't get stuck with the standard triple net lease (you pay for everything, taxes, rent and maintenance and the landlord keeps all of the money).

bobbyw8469
08-13-2016, 07:09 AM

Is that the same Batters Box that is on EBay?

rgpete
08-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Is that the same Batters Box that is on EBay?

I dont know

Koufax32fan
08-14-2016, 04:59 PM
The Battersbox on eBay is in Texas (Spring, TX if recollection serves): http://www.the-battersbox.net/

Rich Klein
08-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Good Luck!

Jlcherry2477
08-31-2016, 07:42 PM
Good Luck!

Thanks! Opening in 1 more day!! We're looking forward to seeing some of you members out here this weekend!

Jlcherry2477
09-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Sneak Peek! Opening 10am!! Free food, drinks, and giveaways all weekend!!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z116/jlcherry2477/store_zpsokemriv4.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/jlcherry2477/media/store_zpsokemriv4.jpg.html)

Sean1125
09-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Artwork for your logo looks good.

Good luck guys...

ksabet
09-02-2016, 06:44 AM
Looks Really sharp!...Keep it clean and inviting.

A lot of card shops are so cluttered and dirty over time it makes my excitement wane.

Jlcherry2477
09-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Artwork for your logo looks good.

Good luck guys...
Thank you!
Looks Really sharp!...Keep it clean and inviting.

A lot of card shops are so cluttered and dirty over time it makes my excitement wane.

We're definitely going to try our best! Had several people through this morning! Check out our FB for some box break videos!

deadballera
09-02-2016, 12:52 PM
wish the store much success.

tschock
09-02-2016, 01:36 PM
I stopped by earlier today. Nice store and great location, with plenty of parking (which is unusual on Hillsborough). And in the same 'mini mall' with a Ben and Jerry's? Hard to go wrong with cards and ice cream.

Jlcherry2477
09-02-2016, 07:21 PM
I stopped by earlier today. Nice store and great location, with plenty of parking (which is unusual on Hillsborough). And in the same 'mini mall' with a Ben and Jerry's? Hard to go wrong with cards and ice cream.

Taylor, thanks for stopping through and the kind words! We're working on getting more vintage very soon, hope to see you quite often!