PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Seller Question

Tennis13
08-07-2016, 09:26 PM
There is a card I want being listed by a certain ebay seller that has 77 good reviews. What's the best way to screen the guy to ensure his stuff is real? It's all in SGC or PSA holders, but this is something I don't want to screw up. Any suggestions?

Aquarian Sports Cards
08-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Check his feedback individually and pay close attention to the amount of feedback the people leaving feedback for him have. If he's only selling to guys with low feedback it's a warning sign.

Also look at his previous sales, there may be something more obviously wrong that would tip you off to stay away. Conversely there might be something that convinces you he is legit.

Finally what's his return policy. While ebay will protect you from a counterfeit anyway, the shady sellers tend not to offer returns.

Nothing is 100%, but I tend to check every detail ebay allows me to access to help me decide.

Tennis13
08-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Check his feedback individually and pay close attention to the amount of feedback the people leaving feedback for him have. If he's only selling to guys with low feedback it's a warning sign.

Also look at his previous sales, there may be something more obviously wrong that would tip you off to stay away. Conversely there might be something that convinces you he is legit.

Finally what's his return policy. While ebay will protect you from a counterfeit anyway, the shady sellers tend not to offer returns.

Nothing is 100%, but I tend to check every detail ebay allows me to access to help me decide.
Thank you for the suggestions.

jfkheat
08-07-2016, 09:36 PM
As long as the seller doesn't have any negative feedbacks I would be fine with 77 positives. With eBay's buyer protection if there is a problem with the card it is pretty easy to get a refund.
James

Sean1125
08-07-2016, 09:40 PM
PM me the name I will look into it.

toledo_mudhen
08-08-2016, 04:26 AM
One thing that you MUST do - Check and verify the PSA/SGC Cert numbers on their websites. You would be surprised how many do not match up.

sushihotwings
08-08-2016, 04:59 AM
Lonnie, you weren't playing at the recent Mudhen camp last week were you by chance?

Aquarian Sports Cards
08-08-2016, 06:34 AM
One thing that you MUST do - Check and verify the PSA/SGC Cert numbers on their websites. You would be surprised how many do not match up.

The "good" counterfeiters make sure their slabs match the correct cert # for another example of the card, so this is far from foolproof, but it is one more thing to check.

ls7plus
08-08-2016, 01:34 PM

Very good advice--at least this is what I do when buying from a seller with limited feedback.

Good luck on your hunt,

Larry

toledo_mudhen
08-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Lonnie, you weren't playing at the recent Mudhen camp last week were you by chance?

Nope - Been a while since I been to the Ball Park up north.....

Bcwcardz
08-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Quick story on slab number. I sold a 85 Donruss Clemens some years ago. It was slabbed PSA 10 but........ when you ran the number online it said it was graded PSA 9. I never thought to check my own cards I was selling. The buyer crucified me and called me every name in the book. We both contacted PSA and it must have gotten straightened out because I never heard from the guy again. Now I check all my cards against the database to avoid further problems.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk