PDA

View Full Version : Lost after Delivery $41 T206 Old Mill Patsy Dougherty

Mountaineer1999
08-05-2016, 06:45 PM
I hate to start another one of these threads but.... her goes anyway. I realized that it had been awhile since I had won an Ebay auction for this T206 card so I went to check the tracking. It had been delivered Aug 1 (Monday) at 11:47AM ---- left at front door. I never saw this package. There were some boxes left that day from Kohl's but if there was a card I've never seen it and neither has anyone in the household. Do I have any recourse here? I will go to the post office Monday but what can/will they do?

buymycards
08-05-2016, 07:29 PM
With the new scanners, a GPS signal is generated when the package is scanned as delivered. It is very easy for the Postmaster to check the GPS signal through Google maps and it will tell him/her where the package is delivered.

I have been able to tell my customers - "look on your back porch", or "look in your garage", because many times the signal can pinpoint the scan to a specific location. I have also told my customers that their package was delivered to a neighbor by mistake or that it was delivered to 406 Oak instead of 406 Elm and we can send someone out to retrieve the package.

It should take your postal clerk or Postmaster about 2 minutes to check it out. It doesn't always work the way it should, but most of the time it works well.

You would be surprised at how many times the customer finds out that his wife or kid brought the package in the house didn't tell anyone.

Rick

Mountaineer1999
08-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info Rick, I had no idea about the gps. I am hoping it somehow turns up but I am not feeling very optimistic. There were a couple boxes but my boys say they dont remember any other packages. My fear is they pulled it all in together and it got mixed up with their packages from kohls and it got tossed accidentally... hope not but it may be that the Dougherty POP report needs reduced by one ��