PDA

View Full Version : Need help Identifying this Cubs Team Issue Billy Williams card

Rascal1010
08-05-2016, 08:24 AM
I recently picked this up, but have been completely stumped when trying to determine what year it was released. I believe it is a Cubs Team issued Billy Williams card, but I have been unable to find another example of this exact type to determine it's year of release. It is the same photo that was used on the 1969 & 1972 team issued cards, but less the facsimile signature and also has Billy Williams in type script on the lower part of the photo. Since I have been unable to find any other Cubs issued examples with the name in type set on photo, I am hoping some more knowledgeable collectors can help me out on the correct ID of this card.
Thanks,
Steve

Cliff Bowman
08-05-2016, 11:11 AM
It's from a 1974 Cubs team issued stadium photo pack. From memory, it also contains manager Whitey Lockman, coach Ernie Banks, Don Kessinger, Bill Madlock, George Mitterwald, Rick Reuschel, Burt Hooton, Vic Harris, and three more I can't remember (Steve Stone?, Jerry Morales?). ETA, I can put up a scan of the set when I get home.

Rascal1010
08-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Cliff, that would be great if you could post some scans of the set! I'm a little surprised I am having so much trouble finding any other examples of this team issue. Thanks for your help.

Cliff Bowman
08-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Here are a few scans of the set. The flap reattached itself to the envelope and I had to damage it to open it. The other three I couldn't remember are Jose Cardenal, Rick Monday, and Jerry Morales. This is the last made black and white team issued Cubs photo pack that I know of.

Rascal1010
08-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Thank Cliff! Greatly appreciate you posting these scans and allowing me to correctly identify this card!

Steve