PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Ruth rookie. Psa 2.

uniship
08-04-2016, 09:02 PM
$130k+ with 3+ weeks remaining. Wow!

Epps
08-05-2016, 09:24 AM
I think maybe the reason that this one is really taking off is the back. I can't recall seeing another Standard Biscuit back on a Ruth rookie. Someone may be doing a Ruth rookie back run. Could just be that this card has really just taken off though too

MattyC
08-05-2016, 09:28 AM
The back makes that particular card very rare. Highly desirable to the guys after that aspect.

Dpeck100
08-05-2016, 09:54 AM
I think maybe the reason that this one is really taking off is the back. I can't recall seeing another Standard Biscuit back on a Ruth rookie. Someone may be doing a Ruth rookie back run. Could just be that this card has really just taken off though too

I know a guy here in Orlando that owns a copy of the card in your avatar. I will never forget when a few people were asking how my collection was coming a few years ago and he piped in that he collects cards too. Whipped out his phone and showed me the Joe Jackson. Said this is a 100k card. His dad and grandfather used to own a shop and bought a box of cards for $40 and it was in there. It is in an SGC slab. Think like a 1.5 grade equivalent. I went home and researched it and sure enough it was a 100k plus at the time. Crazy story.

uniship
08-05-2016, 11:52 AM
I always thought the power of that card jus being the "ruth rookie" sort of made the rarity of the back relatively inconsequential. Who knows if it's the back, or if it's just people wanting to own a "ruth rookie" while it's still not in the wagner-like stratosphere.