PDA

View Full Version : 2016 National Atlantic City Thread

Neal
07-31-2016, 02:50 PM
Anyone going? If so, what postwar cards are you looking to find?

I am heading down on Friday and look forward to catching up with some collecting buddies, see some cards, pick up a review submission, and have some fun.

Not sure what I will bring back, as I am sure that some of the cards on my want list are going to be priced to the moon. Past Nationals usually present one or more items that I never considered owning and have purchased - hopefully that trend continues.

Would like to pick up one of the following:

1953 Bowman Mantle
1948 Leaf DiMaggio
1952 Topps Mays or Jackie Robinson
a nice Griffey Jr game used bat

should be able to find, with relative ease and expense the following:

60s HOFers in PSA 7
70s HOFers in PSA 8 or higher
Pete Rose memorabilia

Plus a free lunch courtesy of PSA!

Johnny630
07-31-2016, 03:35 PM
I agree with you Neal. And crazy over inflated prices of every 50's HOF rookie or HOF stars in high grade, 7.5 and above. When is PSA having a free lunch ?

I'm already more excited over the free lunch 😬

Neal
07-31-2016, 06:15 PM
I agree with you Neal. And crazy over inflated prices of every 50's HOF rookie or HOF stars in high grade, 7.5 and above. When is PSA having a free lunch ?

PSA Registry luncheon is Friday. Should be fun.

I think prices are legit, I just can't afford em :)

Snapolit1
07-31-2016, 06:20 PM
I'm still looking for a nice Leaf Newhouser. Elusive.

Johnny630
07-31-2016, 06:21 PM
Cool deal! I can't afford them either lol

MikeGarcia
08-01-2016, 09:01 AM

..I've always followed the 1957 Topps Psa-graded 'sold' prices on E-Bay in order to keep my finger on the pulse of current value trends ( plus I love that particular set ) ; the last month of PWCC Sunday night auctions appears to have eclipsed the previous "asking prices" of even the worst offenders in those glass display cases from previous Nationals.
Case in point : last night a low-pop '57 #310 Surkont , a PSA 8 with meh so-so centering sold for $1900......that's about at least a cool grand over what even Levi's707 and Dean'scards were asking last year.
---?????...I just may come out of retirement and become one of them there "flippers" I've been hearing so much about...

Jewish-collector
08-01-2016, 09:28 AM
PSA Registry luncheon is Friday. Should be fun.

I think prices are legit, I just can't afford em :)

I'll see you at the PSA luncheon Neal !!! Oh hell yeah !!!http://i6.ifrm.com/2422/189/emo/beerchug.gif

RayBShotz
08-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Street Vendor Hot Dog and a soda there maybe, but not going to let the PSA Luncheon have 2 hours of my valuable floor time the one day I will be there.
RayB

Looking for a 1969 Topps Wax pack

CharleyBrown
08-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Going on Thursday... will be my first National. Not really looking for anything in particular... just want to enjoy the experience!

aconte
08-01-2016, 07:08 PM
I'm going to the show too on Friday!

Maybe I'll see you at the PSA luncheon too Neal! I'm going to try
to hang with Wolfie and shoot the breeze about the set registry
and all things PSA!

Tony

RayBShotz
08-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Tony - Look forward to seeing you. It's been a while.

Bestdj777
08-02-2016, 08:15 PM
I wish I was going but not able to pull away for it. It's unlikely I'd find anything I needed anyway, so I guess it is for the better. If anyone is going that is in to modern Yankees game used stuff, please let me know as there are a few hats I'd love someone to keep an eye out for.

Neal
08-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Just got back - was there from 8:30 to close, and walked away with one card ..... a 2016 National Ty Cobb from the luncheon lol! It is actually a very impressive freebie, complete with a display box.

Positives

- spending time with collecting pals. I speak with these guys on a regular basis, so to look for cards and have a meal with them is always a plus
- was able to see some great stuff coming to auction up close
- leaving with more money than I came down with lol

Time to search eBay!