PDA

View Full Version : National question

Snapolit1
07-27-2016, 06:14 PM
I am generally not an autograph guy but would love a signature and photo with my childhood hero Darryl Strawberry. But I don't want to waste hours standing in line. Any wild azz guess how long one would have to wait in line for a photo with a popular guy? Any past experience would be welcome. Thx.

MGHPro
07-27-2016, 06:28 PM
I don't think the strawberry line will be too long . They are normally very good about calling numbers so when your number is called the wait is minimal . I would imagine you could get through his line in under 15 minutes - probably 5 or less if you wait til the end of his signing

Snapolit1
07-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Thx Matt. Appreciate it.

Huck
07-27-2016, 07:47 PM
I agree with Matt. Strawberry is a frequent signer. I think the photo op line for the Straw that Stirs the Mets would be short. Do report back on the experience. He is usually is in a good mood.

Snapolit1
08-04-2016, 05:52 PM
About 25 people in line. Took a few minutes for picture and about 20 to get the print as there was some technical issue. Darryl was in a great mood and a total gentleman. Best $38 I ever spent.

mcgwirecom
08-06-2016, 02:10 AM
I got him to sign a scorecard from his 1st homerun.

Scott Garner
08-06-2016, 02:37 AM
I got him to sign a scorecard from his 1st homerun.

Randall,
Is that one of the scorecards from the Lanny collection?
Great sig from the Straw Man.

Huck
08-06-2016, 04:15 AM
About 25 people in line. Took a few minutes for picture and about 20 to get the print as there was some technical issue. Darryl was in a great mood and a total gentleman. Best $38 I ever spent.

The disease starts with one autograph and then slowly spreads. I am happy to hear that you had a good experience.

thetruthisoutthere
08-06-2016, 06:15 AM
When I was in line to get my Ronnie Blomberg autograph, I was observing the other signers (Jim Bunning, Seth Joyner, Rick Barry, Donavan McNab) and all of them were very cordial and genuinely interested in what the fans had to say.

mcgwirecom
08-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Randall,
Is that one of the scorecards from the Lanny collection?
Great sig from the Straw Man.

Hi Scott, Yeah, I've had it for a while but finally bumped into him. Was going to stay Friday and get Rose on a bunch of 4192 tickets and Schilling on a bunch of 3000th K tickets but we decided to take off. Did you get my text from dinner Thursday night?

Huck
08-06-2016, 09:50 AM
When I was in line to get my Ronnie Blomberg autograph, I was observing the other signers (Jim Bunning, Seth Joyner, Rick Barry, Donavan McNab) and all of them were very cordial and genuinely interested in what the fans had to say.

Most guests are pretty cool but there are a handful that are not very cordial. Granted, I am not looking to make a friend but a pleasant experience is always nice.