PDA

View Full Version : Thank-you to rman444 for EBay BIN OFFER purchase

FirstYearCards
07-27-2016, 04:20 PM
Just purchased this from rman444(also a member here) through an offer on Ebay. Just reassuring people that making offers is still successful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-Metropolitan-Studios-DIZZY-DEAN-Rookie-BVG-1-5-/400370105632?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=l2diyaE34AYtG9em77aZnEdn0jc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

bobbyw8469
07-27-2016, 04:51 PM
If I get a reasonable BIN offer, I always accept. That's the rub though...I more often than not get low ball offers. Seems to be the nature....

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-27-2016, 05:17 PM
My policy is any offer over 50% gets a response. My response explains that I always counter with my best price first time, then when they don't come up to that price with their next offer I counter at the same price I did the first time and they USUALLY get the idea. Occasionally I've had a joker come up to within 25¢ of my best price to see what I'll do. Then it all depends on my mood! :)

bcbgcbrcb
07-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Nice pick-up, Bill. I originally had that one slabbed by Beckett, where it resides to this day.

gnaz01
07-28-2016, 04:09 AM
Just purchased this from rman444(also a member here) through an offer on Ebay. Just reassuring people that making offers is still successful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-Metropolitan-Studios-DIZZY-DEAN-Rookie-BVG-1-5-/400370105632?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=l2diyaE34AYtG9em77aZnEdn0jc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Richard (hey Richard) is a good dude, have done many deals with him in the past and he is a solid guy

MikeGarcia
07-28-2016, 07:06 AM
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/2042957/view/DEAN_NEW.JPGNice pick-up, Bill. I originally had that one slabbed by Beckett, where it resides to this day.

..Ah memories...I also submitted my 1931 Metropolitan Studios St. Louis Cardinals Dizzy Dean rookie to 'Beckett Vintage Grading' , a confidence-guaranteeing title if ever there was one , figuring that it would of course receive a very low grade , or even the "Authentic" notation up in the flip , due to the expertly done coloring artistically added by an early owner ( the kid even used a brown leather toning to the shoes ) ; because of its size and age and frailty I just really wanted it slabbed in a sturdy Beckett holder for protection ; I was resigned to any grade they decided upon , figuring it was well worth the eighteen dollars submission charge...After scratching their heads for a month they returned it as you see it, in my original plastic sleeve. Kept the eighteen dollars though, but that's okay.

frankbmd
07-28-2016, 08:21 AM
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/2042957/view/DEAN_NEW.JPG

..Ah memories...I also submitted my 1931 Metropolitan Studios St. Louis Cardinals Dizzy Dean rookie to 'Beckett Vintage Grading' , a confidence-guaranteeing title if ever there was one , figuring that it would of course receive a very low grade , or even the "Authentic" notation up in the flip , due to the expertly done coloring artistically added by an early owner ( the kid even used a brown leather toning to the shoes ) ; because of its size and age and frailty I just really wanted it slabbed in a sturdy Beckett holder for protection ; I was resigned to any grade they decided upon , figuring it was well worth the eighteen dollars submission charge...After scratching their heads for a month they returned it as you see it, in my original plastic sleeve. Kept the eighteen dollars though, but that's okay.

the "kid" was Kreindler. ;)

bn2cardz
07-28-2016, 08:51 AM
My policy is any offer over 50% gets a response. My response explains that I always counter with my best price first time, then when they don't come up to that price with their next offer I counter at the same price I did the first time and they USUALLY get the idea. Occasionally I've had a joker come up to within 25¢ of my best price to see what I'll do. Then it all depends on my mood! :)

I once had an offer. I countered saying that I can't go lower. Yet the buyer offered a new price, so I sent back the same offer as my original with an extra penny tacked on. He countered back for 1 cent lower than my original offer. I saw the humor in it and accepted the offer.

itjclarke
07-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Richard (hey Richard) is a good dude, have done many deals with him in the past and he is a solid guy

I concur. Bought an E98 Matty from him off line, and he was a pleasure to deal with. Would always go back based on that first transaction.

rman444
07-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.

Bill - enjoy the Dizzy Dean!

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-29-2016, 04:29 PM
I once had an offer. I countered saying that I can't go lower. Yet the buyer offered a new price, so I sent back the same offer as my original with an extra penny tacked on. He countered back for 1 cent lower than my original offer. I saw the humor in it and accepted the offer.

A kindred spirit!

chaddurbin
07-30-2016, 05:01 PM
man more of these rman shillings? i'm sick of this guy and his nice cards.