PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro #3000 - in town for history!

Tay1038
07-26-2016, 05:56 PM
I flew Into Miami today for business and didn't realize Ichiro is only 4 hits away from #3000!! Marlins on a homestand through the weekend - looks like I'll be at the ballpark everyday this week!

Anyone in town for this?

ooo-ribay
07-26-2016, 06:38 PM
Say "hi" to that %€!?"#@$& Marlins Man. My wife says he just loves baseball but I think he's an attention whore......and always, always on his phone.

Have fun! I'm pretty sure Ichiro will get it done.

FourStrikes
07-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Say "hi" to that %€!?"#@$& Marlins Man. My wife says he just loves baseball but I think he's an attention whore......and always, always on his phone.

NO offense intended, but..."attention whore"???

granted, MANY of his hits are infield singles, but - dude can HIT (and RUN and FIELD - especially back in the day)...love me some Ichiro - not quite hanging on for "attention whoring" reasons, and still productive, albeit in a limited role - would YOU *possibly* feel the same way if he was an MLB Giant for his career??? WTF is wrong with being 40+ years old and still able to leg out an infield single??? eventual 3000+ hits and 500+ stolen bases + many Gold Gloves = a highly talented MLB player!

again, no offense - we're all entitled to our opinions, but - "attention whore"???

P.S. - this just in: 3 hits to go - a LINE DRIVE (not an infield single - for #2997...FOLLOWED by career stolen base #507 - now 9-11 in 2016)...not bad for a 42+ year old "attention whore" !!! just sayin'.

P.S. - love your passion for Giants items / pennants and all of the collecting contributions you've made to Net54 - you've got some great stuff!

ksfarmboy
07-26-2016, 07:31 PM
I think he's talking about the guy that wears the jersey behind home plate. He was at World Series last year.

deeg23
07-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Never knew who Marlin Man was until now, and the funny thing is I remember watching the NBA finals and thinking "who's that guy who keeps wearing Marlins stuff to these games?!" Haha now I know!

ullmandds
07-26-2016, 07:37 PM
very cool...have fun!!!!! get as many ticket stubs as you can!!!!!

FourStrikes
07-26-2016, 07:39 PM
IF that's the case, I stand corrected and apologize for all of the the above - it seemed ambiguous, in respect to the OP statement, which I was referring to.

I think he's talking about the guy that wears the jersey behind home plate. He was at World Series last year.

FourStrikes
07-26-2016, 07:41 PM

thanks, Clint.

ksfarmboy
07-26-2016, 07:47 PM
thanks, Clint.

I was thinking the same thing you were at first. Ichirio is pretty low keyed. Then I remembered that guy cheering for the Royals last year.

ctownboy
07-26-2016, 11:56 PM
I think if you are a Pre-War baseball fan then you can not NOT like Ichiro. I watch him play and do the things he does and I think I am watching one of the guys who played before 1920.

David

Duluth Eskimo
07-27-2016, 06:41 AM
I believe Ichiro is one of, if not the most underrated player I have ever seen. Had he played more years in MLB instead of Japan he would most likely be taking a run at the all time hit record. He was an unbelievable fielder and runner as well. We didn't even get to see him until he had already played many seasons in Japan. Normally I would dismiss a comparison like that, but he immediately was shredding MLB pitching upon arrival like it was nothing. His stats are incredible if you keep some of this in mind. Add to all of that he had a press core following him around and he didn't speak English. Truly amazing and I consider myself lucky to have seen him multiple times in person. A real throwback of a player.

ooo-ribay
07-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Yeah, the "super fan." At least he somewhat blends in at Giants games. That dude is front row at damn near every "big" sporting event.