PDA

View Full Version : National on Sunday??

parkerj33
07-26-2016, 02:30 PM
Hi all, trying to get to National but because of other issues, i may not be able to make it until Sunday....I haven't been since 1983, so i have no idea if it is even worthwhile to go on a Sunday? or is it cleared out by noon?

any thoughts?

EldoEsq
07-26-2016, 02:56 PM
I was wondering this as well...is it just a get-away day or is it worth the 3 hrs drive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Paul S
07-26-2016, 03:58 PM
When the bridge from Suffolk County to Absecon opens, I will be there to cut the ribbon.

brass_rat
07-26-2016, 04:32 PM
If I personally had a three-hour drive and could only make it on Sunday, I would definitely go...wake up early and get there when the doors open.

My experience is that before lunch is decent, but after lunch people are ready to go home. Most dealers will be tired by Sunday and may not have their highest level of enthusiasm.

There are a few dealers that don't show up on Sunday, but I think that is generally discouraged.

Cheers,
Steve

Huck
07-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Do get there early. After 12 - 1 pm , dealers start packing up.

deeg23
07-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Chicago last year was pretty weak on Sunday compared to the other days for sure, but if you live close by there are still a decent amount of dealers left. Be sure to get there AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE THOUGH :)

Steve_NY
07-26-2016, 09:44 PM
That is completely untrue. If an exhibitor wants to bring their car into the show room to load up their merchandise, they must wait until the showroom is closed after 5 PM on Sunday.

I start to pack between 3 PM and 4 PM, but I am still open until the very end.
I am not tired at that stage as I get a good night's sleep every night. I am tired after packing up and then driving home.

Stop by at any time before 5 PM.

Steve Sabow, Booths 141 and 145

TaxMechanick
07-26-2016, 11:02 PM
I agree with Steve that a significant enough number of dealers continue to be set up well into the day until somewhere between 3 PM and 5 PM. I would state that I should be substantially set up until about 4 PM, and will mostly pack between 4PM and 5PM...booth #453.

Glenn

CurtisFlood
07-27-2016, 06:41 PM
If I personally had a three-hour drive and could only make it on Sunday, I would definitely go...wake up early and get there when the doors open.

My experience is that before lunch is decent, but after lunch people are ready to go home. Most dealers will be tired by Sunday and may not have their highest level of enthusiasm.

There are a few dealers that don't show up on Sunday, but I think that is generally discouraged.

Cheers,
Steve

True, and the dealers that hang in there are generally motivated sellers and buyers. I like buying better than selling personally, and will be there till they shut the barn door on Sunday, hoping to do both.