PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame 2016 Yearbook

Northviewcats
07-26-2016, 10:47 AM
Hello Everyone,

Just got back from Induction weekend at Cooperstown. Very crowded, but always a great time.

The 20016 Hall of Fame Yearbook has a nice article about the history of card collecting that I thought may have been of interest to our members. I especially liked some of the quotes of HOFers about first seeing their pictures on bubble-gum cards. The yearbook goes on to feature all of the HOFers with a short biography and a photo of one of their cards. The pictures are from cards in their collection, or digital photos of cards. Interesting to see the cards that they selected for each player.

I also enjoyed the article about Randy Johnson's love of photography. He actually took a couple pictures that appeared on Tim Salmon and Pudge Rodriguez 1994 baseball cards.

I scanned a couple of pages to give you an idea of what is there. If you are a member of the Hall the yearbook comes with your membership, or you can order a copy from the Hall of Fame gift shop.

Best regards,

Joe

timzcardz
07-26-2016, 11:04 AM
I also enjoyed the article about Randy Johnson's love of photography. He actually took a couple pictures that appeared on Tim Salmon and Pudge Rodriguez 1994 baseball cards.

1997 Score had an insert set called "Pitcher Perfect" that were all shots taken by Randy Johnson.

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Baseball/1004/1004-1Fr.jpg