PDA

View Full Version : Selling my 1936 Jimmie Foxx Pin but I have a question.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Would any of the experts mind chiming in?

I am looking to sell my Jimmie Foxx 1936 Spencer Shoe Pin.

I just looked at the PSA population report and only 2 are graded with mine being the highest graded one at a PSA 7.

What is a fair value for this pin? Am I better off sending this to an auction house to get the most bang for my buck?

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise.

https://sportscardalbum.com/c/d518cb2r.jpg (https://sportscardalbum.com/card/d518cb2r/n-a)

perezfan
07-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Better off than what?

Using the BST?

Using ebay?

Simply keeping the Pin?

FWIW, I would not bother with the BST, but you'll need to clarify your intentions. Some auction houses won't take it, as it wouldn't meet thier dollar threshold.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Better off than what?

Using the BST?

Using ebay?

Simply keeping the Pin?

FWIW, I would not bother with the BST, but you'll need to clarify your intentions. Some auction houses won't take it, as it wouldn't meet thier dollar threshold.

Sorry for not clarifying myself. I was referring to EBAY or Trade even. I wanted to pick up some Jackie stuff so didn't know what to value this at. That was the main intention of this post. I have no idea how to value something with a POP of 2 and it being the highest of the POP. What do you think?

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-26-2016, 01:43 PM
Anyone? I'd really like to add a Jackie piece that ends in a week. Thanks again

Stonepony
07-26-2016, 02:06 PM
I'm not a pin guy and have always been unimpressed with the money they've brought me( even quite rare ones) . With that being said , I'll shoot you a value of $175-$225. Remember PSA population does not reflect demand.I'd take other's advice over mine . Good luck

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-26-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm not a pin guy and have always been unimpressed with the money they've brought me( even quite rare ones) . With that being said , I'll shoot you a value of $175-$225. Remember PSA population does not reflect demand.I'd take other's advice over mine . Good luck

Thank you Dave. I do hope it's worth more than that but you could be spot on for all I know. I have my eye on a bond bread jackie and could use a decent return.

bgar3
07-26-2016, 03:45 PM
A quick search on google found a few auctioned, highest I saw was 115. I am not a registry guy and would not care where it was or how many were graded, but I am probably in the minority. Good luck.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-26-2016, 04:30 PM
A quick search on google found a few auctioned, highest I saw was 115. I am not a registry guy and would not care where it was or how many were graded, but I am probably in the minority. Good luck.

I saw that too. But this is the highest documented condition of this pin which is why I was asking. Seems like maybe It's not worth much then.

mjkm90
07-26-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm an avid pin collector and none of the collectors I deal with care about grading service populations for pins. We bust them out of the holders because pins are more about esthetics/condition primari;y on the face. A little rust on the back etc doesn't mean much. This is a nice pin but not rare. It has a nice look but I've seen several with better surface condition. $125 is a fair price.

Shoeless Moe
07-26-2016, 07:04 PM
Mathis is a nice pin but not rare. It has a nice look but I've seen several with better surface condition. $125 is a fair price.

Who the hell is Mathis?...........................Johnny?

mjkm90
07-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Who the hell is Mathis?...........................Johnny?

LMAO...typo:D

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-27-2016, 05:49 AM
I'm an avid pin collector and none of the collectors I deal with care about grading service populations for pins. We bust them out of the holders because pins are more about esthetics/condition primari;y on the face. A little rust on the back etc doesn't mean much. This is a nice pin but not rare. It has a nice look but I've seen several with better surface condition. $125 is a fair price.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-27-2016, 05:50 AM
LMAO...typo:D

I'll probably just hold onto it for a while then. Thanks again for your help