PDA

View Full Version : Living BB HOF members not there?

NATCARD
07-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Just watched the Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony from earlier today and had this though.....
Missing were Doerr and Schoendienst, I am sure age had most to do with that.
What caught my attention was that Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and Frank Robinson, Carl Yastrzemski amongst others were also missing.
Any thoughts??

egri
07-24-2016, 07:47 PM
From what I hear, Mays is pretty much blind at this point, so that probably kept him away. As for the others, they are all 76 or older; age may be a factor for them as well.

baker85
07-25-2016, 06:22 AM
The rumor on the street at cooperstown this weekend was that frank robinson missed his flight. No idea if true, just what i heard.

toledo_mudhen
07-25-2016, 06:27 AM
If memory serves me right - Willie Mays is Ken Griffey's Godafather. I suspect that if he could have been there - he would have.

rats60
07-25-2016, 07:15 AM
If memory serves me right - Willie Mays is Ken Griffey's Godafather. I suspect that if he could have been there - he would have.

Willie Mays is Barry Bonds godfather.

Cooptown
07-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Doerr and Schoendienst haven't been in a few years. I know Bobby was there a few years ago, maybe 3 or so. He also lives in Oregon, which makes for a quite a trip for the oldest living HOFer. Red also has not attended in many years.

Robinson was supposed to be there, and had public signings scheduled with Jack Berke. And Aaron was originally on the list of HOFers scheduled to be attending published by the HOF. Not sure what happened there.

Yaz rarely ever attends. Same with Nolan Ryan.

pclpads
07-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Doerr is 98; Red 93. So, advanced age and it's accompanying problems gives them a pass.

7nohitter
07-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Ryan should've been there.