PDA

View Full Version : Question: Your Thoughts on selling large collection off

greenmonster66
07-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Have a new client that has a large collection of 1950s cards. trying to think of best approach in selling them off for him. There are not full complete set.For example the 1956 Topps the collection is not full sets but each team was grouped in pages by team. Same as the other years as well, grouped by full teams.

Should I sell each big name card individually or sell them as complete teams?

Thoughts are most greatly Appreciated! Thank you!

irv
07-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Have a new client that has a large collection of 1950s cards. trying to think of best approach in selling them off for him. There are not full complete set.For example the 1956 Topps the collection is not full sets but each team was grouped in pages by team. Same as the other years as well, grouped by full teams.

Should I sell each big name card individually or sell them as complete teams?

Thoughts are most greatly Appreciated! Thank you!

I see tons of set breaks on E-Bay all the time but if you are looking to get rid of all the cards instead of being stuck with all the commons, I'd sell all as a lot whether the sets were complete or not.

ZernialFan
07-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Neal,

I've done this before and I believe the best way is to sell the big cards such as HOF'ers as single cards and then group the commons in groups to sell. I will say that have have not done the commons by team, but have grouped by condition if there is a range of condition. For instance...group the poor cards together, the ex together the ex-mint together and so forth. That's only if there are ranges of condition. I'm assuming these are all raw. And I have done very well this way in the past on ebay. You still could sell to private individuals this way also.

Regards,
Charlie

MR RAREBACK
07-24-2016, 12:20 PM
List them all as partial sets and grade all the rc cards and stars with psa

Jewish-collector
07-24-2016, 02:24 PM
it depends how much time and effort one wants to spend selling them.

Leon
07-25-2016, 09:29 AM
it depends how much time and effort one wants to spend selling them.

This.....

(btw, I am buying :))

stewbacca
07-25-2016, 10:05 AM
As Leon showed, I think many on this board are buying. Moving stuff on the website saves you the eBay fees. If you have quality and quantity, you should try it here first. Don't expect to get full price guide values, but you will probably get good offers and sales without headaches that you sometimes get through eBay. Just an opinion as many times I get better deals here with buying than on eBay.