PDA

View Full Version : Please help with this Ted Williams autograph is it real?? i'm new at this

redeagle
07-23-2016, 11:45 PM
could someone help if this is a real Ted Williams autograph i'm new sport autograph collecting,since my lung cancer worsened i'm collecting up for my only child,thank you for the help http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239126&stc=1&d=1469339013

Huck
07-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Is there a company name on the authentication sticker?

bbcard1
07-24-2016, 06:44 PM
There are other folks who know a ton more than I do and I am sure they will chime in but the spacing bothers me.

RelicSports
07-24-2016, 06:56 PM
I do not like it

redeagle
07-25-2016, 04:34 AM
The sticker has in back ground original authentics behind number.no name on it. I have it posted to another site and response was it was good but wanted second advise thank you for helping me on this

bravos4evr
07-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Ted can be tough . As his health started to get worse and worse his signature became less and less defined and after his stroke it became almost completely different from the classic sig of his younger days.

That being said, I think it's legit, but from his last 5 years.

redeagle
07-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Thank you I want to build a collect for my child as today treatment was little painful,all will be good thank you for taking the time to help God Bless you.:)

bravos4evr
07-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Thank you I want to build a collect for my child as today treatment was little painful,all will be good thank you for taking the time to help God Bless you.:)

that being said, I think you can pay like $10 and a PSA rep will take a look at a scan of it and give you their opinion. No certification or anything, but an opinion.

RichardSimon
07-25-2016, 02:32 PM
that being said, I think you can pay like $10 and a PSA rep will take a look at a scan of it and give you their opinion. No certification or anything, but an opinion.

Is that what they call the mail room guys now "a PSA rep"? :D.
You never know who looks at your autograph when you submit something to PSA, let alone when you pay them 10 bucks for their Quick Opinion.

mattjc1983
07-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Williams is on my wish list, and it will be UDA for the very reasons expressed in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tazdmb
07-25-2016, 02:59 PM
I don't like it, and it has nothing to do with the autograph, but it does have to do with the Hologram.

Ted Williams only signed for UDA and Green Diamond, and even Green Diamond has some controversy-There should be no other hologram on a signed Ted Williams photo. Many fakes used phony "shiny, look at me" hologram stickers that to most true collectors scream -Run away, fast.

If someone else, can correct me on the hologram, I will apologize and erase this post. Until then, I would pass.

btcarfagno
07-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Williams is on my wish list, and it will be UDA for the very reasons expressed in this thread.

UDA is great but why not go for a vintage? A playing days fountain pen sig has so much more appeal to me.

Tom C

mattjc1983
07-25-2016, 05:06 PM
UDA is great but why not go for a vintage? A playing days fountain pen sig has so much more appeal to me.

Tom C

It's worth it to me to pay more for the sure thing cert than to have to become an expert on his sig and make a judgement call. And I'm maybe a rare collector in this regard, but I don't care much when they signed the item, unless their signature got REALLY bad in old age (Hank Aaron being a great example of that).

btcarfagno
07-25-2016, 05:12 PM
It's worth it to me to pay more for the sure thing cert than to have to become an expert on his sig and make a judgement call. And I'm maybe a rare collector in this regard, but I don't care much when they signed the item, unless their signature got REALLY bad in old age (Hank Aaron being a great example of that).

Understood. I like the UDA idea then. His sig was still wonderful at that point.

Tom C

redeagle
07-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Thank you very much for the information,I'm now very hooked on autographs very informative you've all been a great help God Bless

bravos4evr
07-25-2016, 05:48 PM

bold mine: Ted's did too, check out some of those upper deck certified sigs he did, they look just awful.

joed25
07-25-2016, 06:57 PM
It is a forgery

shelly
07-26-2016, 08:16 AM
Every time I see two dots over the s makes me think it cant be real. I will stick with that theory:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and say.

Klrdds
07-26-2016, 08:27 AM
I agree the photo looks bad.
Upon enlarging and zooming the photo I noticed the hologram ,as did Taz, appears to be a generic hologram sticker that you can buy anywhere and i agree with Shelly about the 2 dots on a Williams signature but in this case the lower and more posterior dot appears to be on the picture as an artifact or part of the background grass or dirt. I am not trying to be a smartass .

redeagle
07-26-2016, 11:26 AM

239323There's only one dot the other is part of photo

redeagle
07-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Trying get close up

RichardSimon
07-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Every time I see two dots over the s makes me think it cant be real. I will stick with that theory:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and say.

The professor has spoken :).

redeagle
07-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Here are better close up pictures if this will help.Theres only one dot above I.

redeagle
07-26-2016, 12:05 PM
I see how the dot looks under the glaze???? Here's better:)

redeagle
07-26-2016, 02:13 PM
The professor has spoken :).

Review the newest pictures please:confused:

shelly
07-26-2016, 04:03 PM
I don't see a dot above the eye. That would make this signature have three dots and I have never seen that.

bravos4evr
07-26-2016, 04:19 PM
I don't see a dot above the eye. That would make this signature have three dots and I have never seen that.

I just did some ebay searching and found a few UDA ted sigs that look close to the above (with the dot toward the rear)

IDK, if it's authentic, but it looks a lot like his post stroke UDA era signature.

redeagle
07-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Sorry for all the pictures I took it out of the frame to get a close up of the ink sig.showing one dot thank you for taking the time to help me.I should've taken first set of pictures out of the frame and up very close God Bless all of you.it'll take years to learn autographs if my I out live this cancer just Swiss watches took years to learn real from fake:)

redeagle
07-26-2016, 04:35 PM
The black spot above S is part of the photo under the glaze it's blurry black its part of the actual photo