PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon-Go

90feetaway
07-22-2016, 06:44 AM
It seems to be the new gaming obsession. Chasing characters into museums, etc and taking pictures with the characters where you find them. I'm not doing this, but are any of you or your children or grandchildren? I don't think there's any money to be won when you find them. Could they at least give eBay bucks :p

irv
07-22-2016, 07:24 AM
It seems to be the new gaming obsession. Chasing characters into museums, etc and taking pictures with the characters where you find them. I'm not doing this, but are any of you or your children or grandchildren? I don't think there's any money to be won when you find them. Could they at least give eBay bucks :p

Thankfully, my 15 yr old son is not into this!

There have been many accidents/incidents so far to date (pregnant woman hit by a car and emergency c-section had to be performed) and it is only going to get worse imo.

A near by Nuke Plant (Pickering Ont.) had to call the police/security in order to have people removed from the outskirts of the site. Obviously the police are armed but so are our security guards! This could have ended a lot differently, especially this day and age with everyone on high alert/anxiety for potential terrorist threats. :eek:
http://globalnews.ca/news/2833844/pregnant-pokemon-go-player-hit-by-car-given-emergency-c-section-to-save-baby/

clydepepper
07-22-2016, 10:29 AM
What a waster of batteries! - and shoes, for that matter!

Many more obvious cases of cranial-rectal inversion.

irv
07-22-2016, 01:07 PM
What a waster of batteries! - and shoes, for that matter!

Many more obvious cases of cranial-rectal inversion.

LOL. I have never heard it put that way before! :D

packs
07-22-2016, 01:28 PM
I've been playing. This game is awesome.

JustinD
07-23-2016, 08:12 AM
I've been playing. This game is awesome.

I see nothing but packs of kids out of their basement and exercising. There have been more people on the sidewalks in the city than I have seen in years.

Honestly, I think this is spectacular.

njdunkin1
07-23-2016, 08:36 AM
I see nothing but packs of kids out of their basement and exercising. There have been more people on the sidewalks in the city than I have seen in years.

Agreed. Even though it does involve more "electronic use", kids, teens (like myself), and adults alike are getting out and walking. Michelle Obama has been trying for 8 years to get people outside and going. Nintendo did it in 24 hours.

NJ Dunkin

irv
07-23-2016, 08:59 AM

Agreed. Even though it does involve more "electronic use", kids, teens (like myself), and adults alike are getting out and walking. Michelle Obama has been trying for 8 years to get people outside and going. Nintendo did it in 24 hours.

NJ Dunkin

I agree, that is the definite benefit to it. Just wish some people were a little more responsible/aware and used common sense when they are using/playing it.

Stonepony
07-23-2016, 09:15 AM

+1 , it's amazing to watch. Happy kids and adults having a blast. My kids ( 13 and 27) love it!

Econteachert205
07-23-2016, 11:20 AM
As long as people are conscientious while doing it I don't care/mind.

quinnsryche
07-23-2016, 11:52 AM
It's about the only thing that gets my 16 yr. old out of the house and away from his computer. I know there have been some problems with it but there will be problems with anything (nobody whines about billions of people on Facebook constantly). I think it's great and hope the troubles/abuse is minimal.

packs
07-27-2016, 09:18 AM
I'm up to 84 different Pokemon now. Been to places in NYC I would have never gone near otherwise. Big fan.

wolf441
07-27-2016, 09:58 AM
I took my daughter and two of her friends to the park on Saturday to "hunt" Pokemon. It was funny, there were about 25 kids all wandering around staring at their phones and ignoring each other. Then one would say something like "there's a Sneezeachoo over by the pond" and the kids would swarm!! :D

Paul S
07-29-2016, 09:03 AM
I'm up to 84 different Pokemon now. Been to places in NYC I would have never gone near otherwise. Big fan.

When you get to The Met, let me know "who" you find at the Burdick Collection:)