PDA

View Full Version : 1976 ALCS Field Pass w/autograph(?)

Baseba11
07-19-2016, 02:47 PM
I have a 1976 ALCS (Yanks vs Royals) field pass from Yankee Stadium that has a Pee Wee Reese "autograph" at the top. :confused: The back is blank. I'm far from an expert, but I think the autograph is a facsimile. If it is, why would it be on there in the first place? Could it be a field pass that was actually issued to Pee Wee Reese? And does anyone know if he was on the field for some reason at the 1976 ALCS? Thanks.

JustinD
07-19-2016, 03:09 PM
I would doubt it was a facsimile as there is no reason to print that on there. I am a bit of an autograph hack but to my eye the P and R just don't match the usual Pee Wee sig. He has a really clean signature and the spacing in those letters does not look right.

It's possible this was a rushed sig from Pee Wee while on the field to the possessor of the field pass, but it's a bit of a faux pas to bother players on the field unless it's after the game. It would make more sense it was signed at a later time and then would be a cleaner sig.

Maybe someone has better insight...

Baseba11
07-20-2016, 05:45 AM
I would doubt it was a facsimile as there is no reason to print that on there. I am a bit of an autograph hack but to my eye the P and R just don't match the usual Pee Wee sig. He has a really clean signature and the spacing in those letters does not look right.

I mostly agree, but I can't think of a good reason why someone would fake Reese's autograph on such an item.

EDIT: Upon closer examination, I think the autograph is not a facsimile. I have no idea if it's authentic though.