PDA

View Full Version : SGC Net54 grading specials?

kmac32
07-19-2016, 12:02 AM
Does anybody happen to know if SGC will be running any grading specials for the National and Net54 members? Have a group of 22 cards to send in and trying to decide whether to send now or later. Hoping.

toledo_mudhen
07-19-2016, 03:39 AM
It's probably gonna be hard to beat (or even match) the current Topps/Bowman Special of $6 per card (3o Day) - I had been waiting a while and sent in 18 cards on this special.

As an aside - Upon receipt of my shipment - I received a call from Matt at SGC saying that they had a minor screw up on one of my cards in the order. He offered me 10 day service on the whole order to call it square - I eagerly accepted the offer. Cards should be shipping back to me at the end of this week.

Snapolit1
07-19-2016, 07:32 AM
Gee, I guess I'd want to know what exactly the "minor screwup" is before getting too giddy about an upgrade on shipping. Was someone eating a jelly donut when they were handling your cards?

toledo_mudhen
07-20-2016, 04:11 AM
Gee, I guess I'd want to know what exactly the "minor screwup" is before getting too giddy about an upgrade on shipping. Was someone eating a jelly donut when they were handling your cards?

Nothing quite that drastic - I had included a Card that I bought from Starx Cards. Starx does a kind of psuedo "grading" thing on a lot of the cards they sell. They will insert the card into a Card Saver - Determine a Grade and then put a label over the top of the opening with the grade they determine and give it a serial #.

I had sent this card in as a Crossover with a minimum requested. When logging the cards at SGC - someone mistakenly unsealed the Starx Card. Matt called - told me what happened - and offered 10 day on the entire order. I agreed as the Starx was a minor card with not a lot invested. Plus it will still get graded (and may still hit the minimum I requested)