PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I did Good on this Hank Aaron?

hawaiian bam bam
07-17-2016, 08:23 PM
Hey Guys,
Please tell me I did good on this Hank Aaron autograph. Is it legit? Im hoping it is authentic but want to get your guys opinions and thoughts on this? Thanks

hawaiian bam bam
07-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Any thoughts on this?

Huck
07-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Any thoughts on this?

Not an expert but I have eight in person Aaron specimens. The entire first name looks off, the a is too defined and is usually open. Each one of my signatures reads more like Hack Aaron than Hank Aaron. Just my opinion.

hawaiian bam bam
07-19-2016, 08:40 AM
Hello and thsnks for your help I appreciate it. I knew the price was too good to be true. Any other thoughts on this before I write this off as a loss? Thanks

joed25
07-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Looks good to me

hawaiian bam bam
07-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Thanks Joseph, that makes me feel a little better as i thought i bought a bad autograph. I have one vote for good and one vote for bad...can i get a tie breaker here?! With all the HOF collectors on this site I know there is a TON of knowledge and experience here in regards to HOF autographs, so come on guys!!!!, let me know your thoughts on this! lets have a tie breaker here!!!!! good or bad auto? what say you?

hawaiian bam bam
07-21-2016, 07:19 PM
559 views and no help on this, come on guys, your better than that!

Griffins
07-21-2016, 07:32 PM
FWIW, here's mine for comparison

http://photos.imageevent.com/griffins/autographsets/perezsteelegreatmoments/large/PSAaron.jpg

Lordstan
07-21-2016, 08:31 PM
I think it's fine

hawaiian bam bam
07-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Thanks Anthony and Mark, I appreciate your help with this. This is why I like TPAs like PSA and SGC because I totally suck with determining if an autograph is real or not. However, I respect and value your guys opinions, so I will add this one to my HOF collection as "authentic" Thanks guys.

thetruthisoutthere
07-22-2016, 04:59 PM
559 views and no help on this, come on guys, your better than that!

The opinions from the knowledgeable members of this site are FREE...can you show a bit of patience.

FourStrikes
07-22-2016, 07:37 PM
not trying to start a shi+storm, but... I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE (i've waited - and certainly respected - good AND bad - delayed opinions, and appreciated them, no matter the timeframe...NO offense to OP, but...

The opinions from the knowledgeable members of this site are FREE...can you show a bit of patience.

hawaiian bam bam
07-22-2016, 08:10 PM
sorry to piss in your cherrios, but sometimes if auctions are ending soon, or beforing buying an item. etc, its nice to get the opinion as quick as you can (if at all possible) with over 500 people looking at the thread and not saying anything! come on we are better than that! (i dont believe out of 500+ people no one has an opinion all of a sudden, especially with all of the HOF experts here, 500+ people is a hell of a lot of people looking and not saying anything). but it doesnt matter, i asked on another collecting site and got a ton of responses quickly. so its all good. like i said sometimes people need an opinion before an auction closes or buys an item. anyone with any experience at all buying on ebay knows that if an item is a good price and you wait to long someone else will come in and buy the item, so thats why a quick response is appreciate in situations like that. Again, sorry if i irritated you, but sometimes time is of the essence in this hobby

thetruthisoutthere
07-22-2016, 08:46 PM
sorry to piss in your cherrios, but sometimes if auctions are ending soon, or beforing buying an item. etc, its nice to get the opinion as quick as you can (if at all possible) with over 500 people looking at the thread and not saying anything! come on we are better than that! (i dont believe out of 500+ people no one has an opinion all of a sudden, especially with all of the HOF experts here, 500+ people is a hell of a lot of people looking and not saying anything). but it doesnt matter, i asked on another collecting site and got a ton of responses quickly. so its all good. like i said sometimes people need an opinion before an auction closes or buys an item. anyone with any experience at all buying on ebay knows that if an item is a good price and you wait to long someone else will come in and buy the item, so thats why a quick response is appreciate in situations like that. Again, sorry if i irritated you, but sometimes time is of the essence in this hobby

Well maybe that will give you the impetus to study the autographs you desire to purchase and that way you won't have to wait for a FREE opine of the item.

hawaiian bam bam
07-22-2016, 08:51 PM
^^^
no need to get nasty about it bro! stop trying to be a funny guy! you no funny!

David Atkatz
07-22-2016, 08:57 PM
sorry to piss in your cherrios, but sometimes if auctions are ending soon, or beforing buying an item. etc, its nice to get the opinion as quick as you can (if at all possible) with over 500 people looking at the thread and not saying anything! come on we are better than that! (i dont believe out of 500+ people no one has an opinion all of a sudden, especially with all of the HOF experts here, 500+ people is a hell of a lot of people looking and not saying anything). but it doesnt matter, i asked on another collecting site and got a ton of responses quickly. so its all good. like i said sometimes people need an opinion before an auction closes or buys an item. anyone with any experience at all buying on ebay knows that if an item is a good price and you wait to long someone else will come in and buy the item, so thats why a quick response is appreciate in situations like that. Again, sorry if i irritated you, but sometimes time is of the essence in this hobbySounds like a crock to me. By your own admission, you bought the Aaron first, and sought opinions later. And, BTW, not all "opinions" carry the same weight. And, finally, if you're gonna ask us for help, and then criticize us 'cause we didn't help you fast enough, I think we have a right to your full name. And, really, absolutely, finally, I find your religious proselytizing offensive.

hawaiian bam bam
07-22-2016, 09:01 PM
I disagree with you. I think all opinions matter. the opinions on this site are great as the knowledge here is amazing! and you dont have a right to anything of mine... son! so go sit down and behave.

David Atkatz
07-22-2016, 09:05 PM
I disagree with you. I think all opinions matterOh, please. What nonsense. Next time you feel ill, why don't you ask, say, the cashier at your local supermarket what's up? His opinion is as good as anyone else's. (And it's a lot cheaper than seeing a doctor.)

David Atkatz
07-22-2016, 09:09 PM
you dont have a right to anything of mine son! so go sit down and behave.Is that so? Why don't you look into the rules of the board. And, thankfully, I'm not your son--judging by your behavior, I'm probably old enough to be your father. (Speaking of behavior, your own is getting to be somewhat self-destructive. If you want reliable autograph opinions, you really shouldn't be pissing off people like Chris Williams.)

hawaiian bam bam
07-22-2016, 09:11 PM
i said all opinions matter to me on THIS site specifically, because like i mentioned the experience and advice here is amazing and LOTS of members have helped me out in the past and I have a ton of friends here on this site. why are you so uptight about this? your making this way bigger than it is. why dont you relax a little bit bro?

David Atkatz
07-22-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm not your bro, either. Grow up, Al.

hawaiian bam bam
07-22-2016, 09:18 PM
well, again, im sorry that you got so upset over such a little thing. I really dont understand all the anger here, as my intention really was not to piss anyone off.

Dewey
07-23-2016, 12:11 AM
I'm new around here but I've noticed you can either benefit from the site by getting knowledge to become a better student of the hobby or simply treat the board as your personal and free PSA.

Al, you strike me as the latter going by this thread. And in that, you don't come off in the best light. Rather than taking other people's fair minded opinion of the situation you got defensive and appeared somehow entitled. Not good brother. And we are brothers. May I remind we're to be patient, kind, and self controlled. If you can't do that, probably best to remove the Bible verse. Mr. Atkatz gave you another good reason. Board rules may give you another.

How much better would this have gone if you simply responded, "I'm sorry I came off impatient and not grateful. I appreciate the feedback." People not owning their behavior has been a net54 trend this summer.

Things to address before you post your next thread and wonder why it has lots of views and no responses.

thetruthisoutthere
07-23-2016, 05:23 AM
Oh, please. What nonsense. Next time you feel ill, why don't you ask, say, the cashier at your local supermarket what's up? His opinion is as good as anyone else's. (And it's a lot cheaper than seeing a doctor.)

+1

hawaiian bam bam
07-23-2016, 07:06 AM
Thank you very much Dewey for your response and amazing advice. I truly did not intend to come off that way. Looking back, I can see how it could have been taken that way and i can see now how some people could of taken it the wrong way, trust me, that was not my intent and i apologize to the board for it. I will take your advice from here on out on my future posts. Lesson learned and I hope that we can all move past this misunderstanding and continue to help each other out. again, i am sorry if i pissed anyone off. I will be more mindful on my future posts.

shelly
07-23-2016, 09:42 AM
I know none of you will believe this but for the first time on this board I will say David is correct/ I do not want to see anyones religion shoved down my throat.
As far as ever answering your questions on another autograph. I will not help you in anyway. I hope the big boys do the same.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

hawaiian bam bam
07-23-2016, 11:54 AM
I said I was sorry and I apologized. What more can I do? I guess I just won't post anymore on this site any longer. Problem solved.

whitehse
07-23-2016, 12:20 PM
I guess I would rather have one or perhaps two opinions I respect and know that they will get it right than have 559 opinions of those who looked at a card I posted and have no idea if the auto is real. Quantity of opinions is not the best predictor of authenticity over quality of opinions.

jgmp123
07-25-2016, 11:34 AM
If you pay any attention you will know that Chris, David, and Shelly are some of the most knowledgeable folks on this site. Also, the site offers so much assistance in learning and growing your knowledge of the hobby.

A quick search of "Hank Aaron autograph" would have given you several authentic examples that you could have easily studied.

I can trust that the other site you mentioned does not include the knowledge and wealth that the Net54 members can bring to the table.

joed25
07-25-2016, 05:24 PM
I appreciate Al's passion for autographs. Makes this sometimes boring thread a little more exciting. Feel free to contact me if you ever need help with an autograph.

steve B
07-26-2016, 12:28 PM
i said all opinions matter to me on THIS site specifically, because like i mentioned the experience and advice here is amazing and LOTS of members have helped me out in the past and I have a ton of friends here on this site. why are you so uptight about this? your making this way bigger than it is. why dont you relax a little bit bro?

Even here some carry more weight than others.

I don't usually comment on autographs unless I know something about the object that was signed, usually it's info from another hobby that either explains the item, or when it's known the item didn't exist while the player was alive. (stuff like the player in the 50's can't have mailed a PC from SF if he played in a game in NY that same day or a dollar bill wasn't issued until the 50's so Ruth couldn't have signed it). The other times are when I have a question about some aspect of a signature that I don't quite get.

But I look at a lot of threads.

And when I've asked questions I've always gotten an answer that's at least well thought out, It may still leave me confused, but at least it makes sense. :)

My collection is really pretty small unless you count cards I got from packs. I collect the signature rookies sets, so quite a few, but very few on other things.

Steve B