PDA

View Full Version : F'r'a'n'k's'," BST Auction

buymycards
07-17-2016, 05:58 PM
I am initiating a MAJOR kerfuffle concerning Franks auction in the BST. Frank should not be allowed to post auctions with such confusing rules. I don't understand a thing he said. How will I know whether or not this auction is being shilled if I don't know what is going on?

Rick

Edited to add apostrophes, plus I threw in a colon and semi-colon for good measure.

07-17-2016, 06:26 PM
I was going to bid, but I'm just too busy.

sam majors
07-17-2016, 06:27 PM
I don't understand a thing RICK said. Sam Majors! :confused: ;) :confused:

frankbmd
07-17-2016, 06:32 PM
I am initiating a MAJOR kerfuffle concerning Franks auction in the BST. Frank should not be allowed to post auctions with such confusing rules. I don't understand a thing he said. How will I know whether or not this auction is being shilled if I don't know what is going on?

Rick

Rick,

This auction has the unique feature of SBD, shill bidding deterrence. Yes, there may in fact be a shill bidder or two, but per the rules

"The third shill gets the pill."

Edited to request that an apostrophe be added to the thread title. It should be Frank's, not Franks. Thanks, not Thank's.

bnorth
07-17-2016, 06:39 PM
Rick,

This auction has the unique feature of SBD, shill bidding deterrence. Yes, there may in fact be a shill bidder or two, but per the rules

Edited to request that an apostrophe be added to the thread title. It should be Frank's, not Franks. Thanks.

I would not trust anything Frank says. I went to the local Home Depot and not a single employee knew of Frank or his auction. Now I am also banned from Home Depot.:mad:

icollectDCsports
07-17-2016, 06:46 PM
I would not trust anything Frank says. I went to the local Home Depot and not a single employee knew of Frank or his auction. Now I am also banned from Home Depot.:mad:

Try the TPG lumber. Some of it is gem mint -- but you wouldn't want through the plastic case.

ValKehl
07-17-2016, 09:44 PM
I got a headache reading Frank's bidding rules. But, if I interpret them correctly, the winning bidder pays a 19.87489% buyer's premium, unless the winning bid was placed on a Tuesday, in which event the BP is 33.33339%. :D

brianp-beme
07-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Rick,

Edited to request that an apostrophe be added to the thread title. It should be Frank's, not Franks. Thanks, not Thank's.

This auction proves that being Franks is a thank'sless job.

I just wanted to make sure my voice is being heard amungst all the kerfuffle noise.

Brian

Jobu
07-17-2016, 11:11 PM
I just read the rules and I think that I saw somewhere in the fine print that posting a thread about it on the main page constitutes an agreement to buy the card for 300% of the auction's highest bid. :D

Rick

dougscats
07-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Don't forget to redeem your Frank Bucks!

frankbmd
07-18-2016, 10:45 AM
F As In Frank Vintage

Mens
Womens
Kids
Blog
Wholesale
Stores
Contact

Account My Cart 0

Frank Bucks

Vancouver Store

F AS IN FRANK is located at 2425 Main Street (near East Broadway) in Vancouver, B.C.

Our Hours
Sunday - Thursday: 11am – 7pm
Friday & Saturday: 11am – 8pm

Phone

Toronto Store

F AS IN FRANK Toronto is located at 418 Queen Street West in Toronto, Ontario. (Across from Urban Outfitters)

Our Hours
Monday – Thursday: 11am – 8pm
Friday & Saturday: 11am – 8pm
Sunday: 11am – 8pm

Phone

Klematis
Unfortunately due to the change over from one web cart system to the next, we are unable to provide Frank Bucks any more. If you had a credit with us in the past you should have already got an email with a gift card to use with our current website! (make sure you check your junk mail if you don't see it). Call us or email and we'll get you sorted :)

Despite the overwhelming success of my Frank Bucks promotion, it was necessary to suspend the program due to a settlement with the original purveyor of Frank Bucks detailed above. I would encourage you to visit their fine website though

http://www.fasinfrankvintage.com/

There was mutual concern in the settlement that the use of crossover Frank Bucks could be a problem for both parties.

wolf441
07-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Frank can speak Russian… in French.
His signature won a Pulitzer
If he were to say something costs an arm and a leg, it would
He has won the lifetime achievement award… twice
He once brought a knife to a gunfight… just to even the odds
The police often question him, just because they find him interesting

He is....the most interesting man on Net54.