PDA

View Full Version : Is this 1973 Topps Mike Schmidt Trimmed?

deeg23
07-15-2016, 07:49 AM
Can anybody tell if this is trimmed or not? I'm never good at telling the difference! Thanks! Derek

Edited to add I can't figure out how to add both front and back pictures from my phone so hopefully you can tell by just the back (:

savedfrommyspokes
07-15-2016, 09:25 AM
Looks like the card has a "tilt" cut. Do the cuts on the side edges all appear consistent with one another, and does the card measure up to the correct size?

deeg23
07-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Yeah I wasn't sure if it was just tilted or if something fishy was going on. I don't have the card in hand though, only scans. I asked the seller what the dimensions are. What should they be for '73?

savedfrommyspokes
07-15-2016, 12:55 PM
2.5" X 3.5" should be the card's size. If you are not sure if this card is trimmed or not, try to either buy the card while in hand/person or if that is not possible ask if you can return the card if it does indeed turn out to be trimmed.

deeg23
07-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Usually I would be up for getting it in hand and returning if no good, but I'm planning on getting it signed at the National so I don't have a lot of time to mess around! Haha With time ticking, I might need to just pony up and get a nice graded one. Thanks for your input!

Cliff Bowman
07-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Usually I would be up for getting it in hand and returning if no good, but I'm planning on getting it signed at the National so I don't have a lot of time to mess around! Haha With time ticking, I might need to just pony up and get a nice graded one. Thanks for your input!

Dave Hilton is going to be signing at the National :)?

deeg23
07-16-2016, 12:32 AM
Dave Hilton is going to be signing at the National :)?
Ha! Yep, I've been waiting all of my life for a Dave Hilton signed RC!!!

Tom S.
07-16-2016, 06:15 PM

If you're getting the card signed, does it really matter if the card is trimmed or not?

I assume that you are going to get the autograph graded or authenticated; don't the TPG's just assign a grade to the auto anyway? :confused:

swarmee
07-16-2016, 06:53 PM
PSA and BGS both offer dual grading for the card and autograph.

deeg23
07-16-2016, 08:17 PM
PSA and BGS both offer dual grading for the card and autograph.

This ^ it's also for my own peace my mind as well because I don't know if I'd be okay with having a card I knew was trimmed no matter how noticeable/nice it was! Haha

rats60
07-17-2016, 07:01 AM
This ^ it's also for my own peace my mind as well because I don't know if I'd be okay with having a card I knew was trimmed no matter how noticeable/nice it was! Haha

Buy one already graded, crack it, get it autographed and then get in regraded. There is no guarantee with anything, but this is as close as you can get. You could pull one from a pack and there is still no guarantee that it would not come back trimmed.

Bcwcardz
08-07-2016, 06:55 PM
I had one that looked really similar to the back that you showed. It graded out no problem but you never know.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk