PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on possible future sale of 35 card T213-2 Coupon collection

NewEnglandBaseBallist
07-12-2016, 10:12 PM
I'm giving serious thought to POSSIBLY parting with my T213-2 Coupon Cigarettes collection (35 cards) sometime in the near future. They seem to be getting more popular. Nothing I have is high grade. Would I be better off consigning them to an auction house/EBay Seller or trying to sell them as a lot myself, like on the Net54 BST? If I do go with a private sale, what would you recommend for an asking price? Here's what I've got:

Graded:

Tommy Leach, Chicago Nat. - SGC 40
Mike Mitchell, Pittsburgh, Nat. - SGC 40
Roger Bresnahan, Chicago Nat. - SGC 20
Larry Doyle (batting), New York Nat. - SGC 30
Al Bridwell, St. Louis Fed. - SGC 30
Sherry Magee, Boston Nat. - SGC 30
Jeff Sweeney, New York Amer. - SGC 20
Tim Jordan, Fort Worth - SGC 10
Larry McLean, New York Nat. - SGC 10
Josh Devore, Philadelphia Nat. - SGC 10
George Stovall, Kansas City Fed. - PSA 1
Bill Sweeney, Boston Amer. - PSA 1 (MC)
Jack/Joe Dunn, Baltimore - PSA 2
Mickey Doolan (batting), Baltimore Fed. - PSA 1
Wildfire Schulte, Chicago Nat. - SGC 10
Rube Oldring, Philadelphia Amer. - SGC 10
Jack Warhop, St. Louis Nat. - SGC 10

RAW:

Jean Dubuc, Detroit - Poor/Fair
Heinie Wagner, Boston Amer. - Poor
Miller Huggins, St. Louis Nat. - Poor/Skinned
Bill Chappelle, Brooklyn Fed. - Poor
Jack Quinn, Baltimore Fed. - Poor
Birdie Cree, New York Amer. - Poor
Jack Warhop (New York on shirt), New York Amer. - Poor
Jeff Sweeney, New York Amer. - Poor
Al Bridwell, Nashville - Poor
Dode Paskert, Philadelphia Nat. - Poor
Hal Chase (Holding Trophy), Chicago Amer. - Poor/Skinned
Frank Smith, Baltimore Fed. - Poor
Rube Geyer, St. Louis Nat. - Poor
Owen Wilson, St. Louis Nat. - Poor
Mickey Doolan (Fielding), Baltimore Fed. - Poor
Larry Doyle (Batting), New York Nat. - Poor
Chief Bender, (Trees in background), Philadelphia Amer. - Very Poor
Chief Bender, Philadelphia Nat. - Very Poor

AddieJoss
07-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Adam,
I consigned a number of my t213-2s to pwcc that close in the next day or so. See how they do....If you like prices, consider consigning the graded ones somewhere. I think you may be better off selling the raw yourself on here or elsewhere.
Cory

RCMcKenzie
07-12-2016, 10:58 PM
Adam, I agree with Cory that the graded cards would do well with a large ebay seller or a small auction house, like the ones that advertise on here.

The SGC pop report will give you a good idea of the scarcity of each card. Commons like Rube Geyer have about 20-30 graded examples. There are medium level cards that have about 10 examples on the pop report, like both Bridwells. More difficult cards with 5-6 examples slabbed like Jordan Ft Worth, Warhop St. Louis, Chase Chi. trophy. The most difficult cards in the set show a pop of 3 or less on the SGC report like Chance batting LA etc.. Many of the T213-2's are left ungraded b/c they would receive a 1 or an auth grade.

I'm working on this set and am more than halfway thru and already have many of the examples you listed, but I can check my list tomorrow and send you an offer on a few. I also don't mind raw or poor condition cards for the most part. Rob

VintageJay
07-12-2016, 11:00 PM
You would certainly have no problem selling the raw Heinie Wagner on here to me. ;)

RCMcKenzie
07-14-2016, 03:17 PM
On Pricing.. I would hazard a guess of 1500-2000 for all 35 cards if listed individually on eBay. T213 are thinly traded and prices are all over the place. If I put in a whopper bid on a card and a T206 back collector guy outbids me, then the prices are high. I'd say a common in common condition, ie-- g/vg, runs about $40 a card. Most buyers of T213 are team collectors or someone doing a back run. Rob

buymycards
07-14-2016, 07:29 PM
I agree with Rob. I have 89 T213-2, about half are graded and half raw, all in the poor, fair, and good range, including 7 HOFer's. I have been careful when purchasing these cards and I have averaged $33 per card.

Rick

NewEnglandBaseBallist
07-15-2016, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the help, guys! Much appreciated. Will definitely make up my mind by Monday on what I'm going to do next. If you have contacted me by PM and I haven't replied yet, I will get back to you.