PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really want Mike Trouts truck

1952boyntoncollector
07-10-2016, 09:53 PM
https://goldinauctions.com/Mike_Trout_s_2000_Ford_Ranger_Black_Pickup_Truck_w-LOT23338.aspx

i thought this was odd. I wonder if there is a fleet of beat up cars you can get to match your love of rookie HOFs.

You can get Clemente and or fill in the blank HOF'ers' first car etc, it may be missing a few tires, but hey it was his.....

KCRfan1
07-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Can it be slabbed? PSA would likely bring the highest return, but SGC looks better. My concern is something may not be original and would be returned as altered.......

What do you think the truck would grade?

I'm guessing a 4 with 5 being the best.

1952boyntoncollector
07-11-2016, 02:56 AM
Guess can ship it USPS, but im guessing shipping is expensive when its a ton...

sorry for outing an auction

Paul S
07-11-2016, 04:21 AM
Guess can ship it USPS, but im guessing shipping is expensive when its a ton...

sorry for outing an auction

No shipping. Ford Rangers are pickup trucks.

Section103
07-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Not me, but there is absolutely an interest. I knew someone who was able to get Ken Caminiti's vehicle and there was no way to describe their enthusiasm. A car can be a pretty personal extension, so it's (for some people) a very close connection - much closer than, say, a mere autograph.

1952boyntoncollector
07-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Not me, but there is absolutely an interest. I knew someone who was able to get Ken Caminiti's vehicle and there was no way to describe their enthusiasm. A car can be a pretty personal extension, so it's (for some people) a very close connection - much closer than, say, a mere autograph.

no bids yet, always an interest if price is right on anything of course. What kind of vehicle was it for Caminiti

I didnt see if the mileage was listed or what it will cost to get it on the road. A vehicle that runs can be worth close to $5000 even on an old ford ranger.

Usually when i have seen a car sale of a famous person its a ferrari of a movie star or some very expensive car.

Section103
07-11-2016, 11:01 AM
no bids yet, always an interest if price is right on anything of course. What kind of vehicle was it for Caminiti

I didnt see if the mileage was listed or what it will cost to get it on the road. A vehicle that runs can be worth close to $5000 even on an old ford ranger.

Usually when i have seen a car sale of a famous person its a ferrari of a movie star or some very expensive car.

It was something like a Ford Explorer, GMC Jimmy or such. Nothing elaborate - just a normal car in good shape. She drove it to work every day.

packs
07-11-2016, 11:45 AM
I hope this is a resale from someone who bought his truck and not Mike Trout consigning his old truck on his own behalf.

KCRfan1
07-11-2016, 04:37 PM
I hope this is a resale from someone who bought his truck and not Mike Trout consigning his old truck on his own behalf.

Can you imagine haggling with Trout over the price of his truck!

packs
07-12-2016, 07:41 AM
I mean if it is Trout trying to squeeze extra bucks for an old ride by tying his name to it at auction that's pretty lame if you ask me. Guy has enough money.

1952boyntoncollector
07-12-2016, 07:50 AM
I mean if it is Trout trying to squeeze extra bucks for an old ride by tying his name to it at auction that's pretty lame if you ask me. Guy has enough money.

i believe there is zero chance its from him directly, it has to be a third party who bought it as theres like a certificate or something, if he was selling it directly he wouldnt need any certificate

steve B
07-12-2016, 08:48 AM
You could always read the auction description and see the answer.

But that would be too easy :D

No, I won't tell you :D :D

packs
07-12-2016, 09:30 AM
I read the description but it's still hard to tell if Trout is involved with the sale.

irv
07-12-2016, 09:42 AM
At first glance, this two-wheel drive black 2000 Ford Ranger pickup looks like many others of the same year and make - but this one is very different. In fact, it may be the luckiest Ford Ranger ever to come out of Detroit. The truck was purchased back in 2007 by a couple named Jeff and Debbie who presented it to their son Mike upon receiving his very first driver’s license. This is a coming of age ritual repeated thousands of times every year by families across the country except for one thing: Jeff and Debbie's son is Mike Trout - superstar outfielder of the Los Angeles Angels! At the time, Mike Trout was a junior at Millville High School in New Jersey and was already touted as one of the best prospects in the nation. Within a year of receiving this truck, Trout had broken the New Jersey High School record for most home runs in a season and made such an impression at the Area Code Games WWBA Championships in California that Angels’ scouts couldn't wait to get a hold of the teen in the upcoming draft. After a short minor league stint during which he drew comparisons to Mickey Mantle, Trout signed his first Angels contract in 2009 - and, in the time-honored ritual of all newly signed big leaguers - promptly bought himself a new car.
Now this is where it gets interesting. With no use for a spare truck, the young Angels outfielder sold his Ford Ranger to the parents of his girlfriend, who, just like Trout's parents, gifted the truck to their son upon his receiving his driver’s license in 2012. Perhaps some of Trout's talent and great luck rubbed off on the steering wheel because the teen who used the Ranger as his first car went on to a successful college baseball career at Gannon University and in 2015 was signed by the Los Angeles Angels! He's presently working his way through the Angels farm system where he's ranked in the team's top 50 prospects. Guess what the previous owner did when signing his Angels contract? You guessed it, he bought a new car. And now that luckiest of all 2000 black Ford Rangers is back on the market.
The truck is fully titled and comes with a signed Letter of Authenticity from Mike Trout as well as several photographs of the Angels star with his first truck. There's even a great shot of him signing the truck's glove box for posterity. A great truck that belonged to not only the brightest star in the game but also an up and coming prospect, begging the question: what does the future hold for the next owner of this lucky Ford Ranger pickup…

steve B
07-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Probably being sold by the girlfriends brother. Who of course would have access to getting the glovebox signed and a LOA.

So probably involved but not directly getting the proceeds.

Steve B

1952boyntoncollector
07-12-2016, 10:18 AM
what does the future hold for the next owner of this lucky Ford Ranger pickup…

Tons of engine maintenance and wheel alignments and also trips to the mechanic to address all the recalls.

Or can put this nice truck in your jalopy showroom next to whatever car Dwight Gooden used to own, or perhaps phenom Brian Taylor

KCRfan1
07-12-2016, 05:21 PM
That's laugh out loud funny Jake!

Head928
07-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George buys "Jon Voight's" car.

But I think the Joe Frazier used jock strap takes the cake for that auction. WTF?

1952boyntoncollector
07-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Still no bids.....amazing you would think everyone wants this item

Huck
08-06-2016, 04:28 AM
what does the future hold for the next owner of this lucky Ford Ranger pickup…

Tons of engine maintenance and wheel alignments and also trips to the mechanic to address all the recalls.

Or can put this nice truck in your jalopy showroom next to whatever car Dwight Gooden used to own, or perhaps phenom Brian Taylor

Brian Taylor, boy are you going back..... He was a can't miss prospect!

1952boyntoncollector
08-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Brian Taylor, boy are you going back..... He was a can't miss prospect!

Probably sold his vehicle before getting his bonus check...