PDA

View Full Version : Certified's ice cream pins

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-10-2016, 07:14 PM
Hey, I know this is. As shot in the dark, but I'm trying to assemble this set. Does anyone know anyone that may have? Thanks

MK
07-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Hey, I know this is. As shot in the dark, but I'm trying to assemble this set. Does anyone know anyone that may have? Thanks

Although it is a small set, it is very difficult to complete. The small ones pop up now and then but the large one is really tough. The small ones are easily scratched being lithograph, so condition becomes an issue. It took me many years of searching to complete mine. Best of luck!

sporteq
07-11-2016, 04:44 PM
The larger pin is tough one to get. I have the regular non-advertising pin. The rest you can fine here and there.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Although it is a small set, it is very difficult to complete. The small ones pop up now and then but the large one is really tough. The small ones are easily scratched being lithograph, so condition becomes an issue. It took me many years of searching to complete mine. Best of luck!

Wow I'm jealous. Would you ever sell?

MK
07-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Wow I'm jealous. Would you ever sell?

My "I don't want to sell them price" is so high I won't even waste your time. ;)

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Haha I understand. May I ask what you would recommend paying for the smalls and the large one as a buyer?? Also what's your I don't wanna sell price hahaha I love the set for some reason and just want to know what I'd probably value it at WHEN I complete it.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-12-2016, 03:45 PM
My "I don't want to sell them price" is so high I won't even waste your time. ;)

Haha let me knkw

MK
07-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Haha I understand. May I ask what you would recommend paying for the smalls and the large one as a buyer?? Also what's your I don't wanna sell price hahaha I love the set for some reason and just want to know what I'd probably value it at WHEN I complete it.

If you find them for sale, you should expect to pay $125 to $250 for each of the smaller pins. The price will depend on condition since many have been scratched. Wilson and Hornsby usually command a higher price, although I think Cuyler might be the toughest of the small pins. If you find the large pin, and it is really scarce, expect to pay $3000 to $4000. You can find the large Champions pin, which used up all the advertising pins, but the Certified one is tough. There are also small ones they made to celebrate the Cubs pennant. These are even tougher to find then the small Certified.