PDA

View Full Version : Astronaut Autographs - Value?

IronHorse2130
07-10-2016, 04:19 PM
All of these autographs belong to a friend of mine. His wife's uncle worked at the Waldorf in the 1960s and acquired all of these in person. He is considering selling them and I told him I'd do some research and find out what they are worth.

Of course, I found many autographs that sold but didn't find much on the way of menus. Generally speaking, I assume autos on portraits and the like are more valuable but we do know that these were signed in the 60s, just after the astronauts returned from their missions. Perhaps this makes them more valuable?

Finally, I assume the Apollo 8 Earthrise photo is worth the most. I saw many of these sell for $1,000+ but those were signed on the photo whereas this one is signed on the holder.

Steve D
07-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Your best bet is to go to www.collectspace.com. From the homepage, go to "Messages" at the left, then under "Space Collecting", post your request (with photos), under "Opinions & Advice".

Good luck.

Steve

Michael B
07-11-2016, 09:46 AM
The Lyndon Johnson on the one with Glenn and Shepard makes it especially nice.

IronHorse2130
07-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Your best bet is to go to www.collectspace.com. From the homepage, go to "Messages" at the left, then under "Space Collecting", post your request (with photos), under "Opinions & Advice".

Good luck.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I'll check that out now.

Mr. Zipper
07-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Your most valuable one is the Gemini III program with Grissom and Young.

Last year a similar Apollo 8 program with Mayor John Lindsey sold for around $500. While these are desirable, they will bring significantly less than a crew signed NASA photo or postal cover.