PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on 66 Mantle

Johnny630
07-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Good afternoon. I was wondering what to do with my PSA 8.5 1966 #50 Mickey Mantle. I subbed myself, buying the card raw last year. As collector I really enjoy the card, I'm super happy to have it in my collection, however with the prices being drawn by high grade HOF'ers it's very tempting to sell or consign with one of the the big players. I'm leaning on holding for the long term, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Guess the mllion dollar question is will this surge continue or is now a excellent time to sell.

Thanks for looking :-)

Neal
07-10-2016, 04:30 PM
A high grade Mantle is certainly worth a scan ... post one! :)

Johnny630
07-10-2016, 05:09 PM
You got it 👊🏼

irv
07-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Good afternoon. I was wondering what to do with my PSA 8.5 1966 #50 Mickey Mantle. I subbed myself, buying the card raw last year. As collector I really enjoy the card, I'm super happy to have it in my collection, however with the prices being drawn by high grade HOF'ers it's very tempting to sell or consign with one of the the big players. I'm leaning on holding for the long term, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Guess the mllion dollar question is will this surge continue or is now a excellent time to sell.

Thanks for looking :-)

Nice card. :)

Good luck with your decision.

Johnny630
07-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Thanks Dale 😃

Stonepony
07-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Nice card! It's really a question of whether you want a nice Mantle 66 or cash right now. High grade Mantles are certainly selling for record prices. Where those prices will sit a year or five from now...who knows. Personally I'm not selling, I'm buying

Johnny630
07-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Cool deal Dave 👊🏼 and thanks for the compliment. So I guess you're saying you think it's a pretty safe hold if your buying at these prices now? I'm thinking the same as you 😃

Stonepony
07-10-2016, 05:56 PM
Cool deal Dave 👊🏼 and thanks for the compliment. So I guess you're saying you think it's a pretty safe hold if your buying at these prices now? I'm thinking the same as you 😃

I'm buying because I love Mantles, no other reason.

Johnny630
07-10-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm with you !

pokerplyr80
07-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Can't go wrong with Mantles in my opinion. They have been going up, but not at the crazy exponential rates we've seen with the RCs. Obviously I am a little biased but not only are they good investments, they're awesome cards to look at. If you do decide to sell though let me know.

Harliduck
07-10-2016, 06:44 PM
I have bought a lot of Mantles over the past couple of years and one thing is for sure, the price keeps going up. High grade, mid grade, low grade. My uneducated buyers opinion is if you sell it now, two years later from now you will be laughing you sold it so low. Again, just my .02. If you don't need the money, keep the card, and that is a beauty.

Johnny630
07-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Thanks Jesse and John. I like both of your guys opinions and thoughts. I'm leaning on putting it the safe deposit box and seeing where it is a couple of years down the road. It's one of my favorite to look at, far and away the best Mantle I have, lol hell I'd never be able to afford any Mantle in this grade now.

vintagebaseballcardguy
07-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Very nice card! Unless you just need the cash, I would keep and enjoy it.

Johnny630
07-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Thanks Robert! I think I am gonna hold on to this one. I respect and thank everyone on this thread for their opinions. You guys are some of the most knowledgeable and insightful collectors around. Really doesn't seem like I can go wrong with holding on to this one 👍