PDA

View Full Version : T205 Dots Miller Question

Eggoman
07-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Hey My T205 Brothers

I'm trying to assemble a Master T205 set before I die...

I would like to see the 3 different back varieties of Dots Miller - bio begins "John B" or "John D" or "John B over D"...

I THINK that I have 2 of the 3, but I am not sure how subtle these differences are.

Does anyone have scans of all 3 that they would be willing to share with me???

Cheers!
Eggo

T205 GB
07-10-2016, 08:46 PM
There is one on eBay right now. Not as extreme as I have seen but you can see the B and D on there. There are a few with the full middle Bar in them but it's been several years since I have seen any available.

marcdelpercio
07-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Here are the B, D, and B/D versions. The B/D version is often very subtle and you can only detect a slight center line across the D. The B version is very distinctive. I have seen all versions with multiple backs and with the same back as well, and none seem to be much scarcer, although I would say that finding a solid D version with no trace of a center line seems to be pretty difficult.

Eggoman
07-11-2016, 05:48 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the images!

The B/D version is subtle as I thought, but still discernible.

peterb69
07-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Very nice Marc

EvilKing00
07-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Here are the B, D, and B/D versions. The B/D version is often very subtle and you can only detect a slight center line across the D. The B version is very distinctive. I have seen all versions with multiple backs and with the same back as well, and none seem to be much scarcer, although I would say that finding a solid D version with no trace of a center line seems to be pretty difficult.

Never knew there was a B/D version, thants for the info and images - ugh now another card im missing lol

marcdelpercio
07-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Never knew there was a B/D version, thants for the info and images - ugh now another card im missing lol

Fortunately, I'd say that is the most common of all of them, not that any are very difficult. In fact, I have a low grade B/D version and a bit nicer D version on the B/S/T right now :) . My completely random guess is that they noticed that they had incorrectly printed his middle initial as B on an early run of these (as it is correctly listed as D on the top name line of all cards) and attempted to slightly adjust the plate to make it a D in later runs. Perhaps the B/D version is a second printing and the solid D version is a final printing with the plate fully "fixed." All just wild speculation, of course, but it seems to make sense.

asoriano
07-12-2016, 08:23 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/r1ejk0.jpghttp://i64.tinypic.com/a1pxxj.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/10h3vvr.jpg

Eggoman
07-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Tony - that the "D" version, right?

Here are mine - I THINK that I have the "B" and the "D" versions and am still looking for a nice representative "D over B"

Cozumeleno
07-12-2016, 09:39 AM
As someone who's only been collecting T205 for about six months, can someone provide/direct me to a 'master' checklist of sorts? I am not as interested in having a list of the various advertising backs. Rather, I'm looking for a checklist that shows all of the variations.

I was aware of a John B. and John D. Miller, but not a D/B issue. I've found numerous checklists online but none refer to such a card (and many don't even list the B vs. D issues).

The list I have contains 222 cards - and now 223 with the D/B. Is there a larger, more comprehensive checklist out there?

Thanks for any help anyone may have.

EvilKing00
07-12-2016, 04:45 PM
As someone who's only been collecting T205 for about six months, can someone provide/direct me to a 'master' checklist of sorts? I am not as interested in having a list of the various advertising backs. Rather, I'm looking for a checklist that shows all of the variations.

I was aware of a John B. and John D. Miller, but not a D/B issue. I've found numerous checklists online but none refer to such a card (and many don't even list the B vs. D issues).

The list I have contains 222 cards - and now 223 with the D/B. Is there a larger, more comprehensive checklist out there?

Thanks for any help anyone may have.

T205.org

Cozumeleno
07-13-2016, 09:52 AM
T205.org

Thanks, Steve - that's actually the one I started with but I am wondering how exhaustive it is. For example, they only list one Miller card there - so I know they are missing the John B., John D., or John B./D. versions at least.

Just wondering if there are others missing from that list as well.

bn2cardz
07-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Here are some threads that talk about t205 variations:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=160290

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=216882

T205 GB
07-13-2016, 07:01 PM
One of those post was from me a while back on my theory as to what backs are printed with what cards and Ect. I deleted it but am sad now because of how much has come to fruition

Cozumeleno
07-13-2016, 07:10 PM
Thanks, Andy - I will have a look.

bn2cardz
07-13-2016, 09:03 PM
One of those post was from me a while back on my theory as to what backs are printed with what cards and Ect. I deleted it but am sad now because of how much has come to fruition

Yeah you deleted a lot of the thread, but the main point was quoted in post 20 so still useful. :D

T205 GB
07-14-2016, 05:04 AM
Yeah you deleted a lot of the thread, but the main point was quoted in post 20 so still useful. :D

Good. I still have it all. I am sure I have reposted also. 205 SP's, drum, Hindu ect