PDA

View Full Version : Who is really spending all of the big auction money?

JustCollectVP
07-10-2016, 10:38 AM
I think I figured it out... I overheard a one-way discussion while in the city. To avoid any controversy about politics, I'll refrain from mentioning the person.

------------

"We’re going to buy all of the best, the very best, cards that money, and I have a lot of money, the very best cards that money can buy. And we won’t just buy the very best, again, I’ll buy the best and the very best of the rest of the best, the “bestest,” you can say. I have the smartest and sharpest people, and they know more about this than anyone, and they will be buying these cards and they won’t be afraid to spend money because I have more money. I have huge amounts of money, and make no mistake, I will be telling these people to spend the money buying the very best. And you can’t argue that because I make these important decisions every day."

"People ask me, how can you spend so much money on sports cards and I answer them, that when you pay more to buy the best, and this comes from the greatest financial minds in my organization, that when you pay more to buy the best, and my people only buy the best, it will cost you less. And I hear people, and they’re not very smart people, but these people say that doesn’t make sense. But they haven’t run the analysis. My people have the facts and they tell me, and they work very hard and have all the best facilities to run these analyzations. I’ve seen these results and these findings and not just regular facts, but the best facts and anyone who would see them would have to agree that they are the most obvious facts."

"I deal with numbers all the time. Really big numbers. Numbers so big that most can’t even count that high and I deal with them all of the time, these big numbers. And the numbers that I’ve been given, that have been given to me by the best people with numbers, they say that we have to buy more and spend more and we will have the most when we get to the end. And I know this decision, and I make a lot of important, really important decisions, I know that this is the right decision. Some may argue, but what is there to argue? I am right and everyone that says I’m not will be proven to be liars."

------------

BTW, this is my own, fictional account and is blatant satire. So, if there's a person that wants to take it as fact and add it to some conspiracy theory . . . don't bother.

Snapolit1
07-10-2016, 10:45 AM
My 20 year old son said to me yesterday, "Dad. . . I don't know if you've heard this, but there is some insane economics going on in reselling Magic cards . . . people are buying up all the rare cards and paying insane sums of money to get them . . . . prices are going crazy . . . really wild . . ."

Not made up. Sounded familiar.

Leon
07-10-2016, 11:05 AM
It's a conspiracy. (theory :))

TUM301
07-10-2016, 11:21 AM
I think I figured it out... I overheard a one-way discussion while in the city. To avoid any controversy about politics, I'll refrain from mentioning the person.

------------

"We’re going to buy all of the best, the very best, cards that money, and I have a lot of money, the very best cards that money can buy. And we won’t just buy the very best, again, I’ll buy the best and the very best of the rest of the best, the “bestest,” you can say. I have the smartest and sharpest people, and they know more about this than anyone, and they will be buying these cards and they won’t be afraid to spend money because I have more money. I have huge amounts of money, and make no mistake, I will be telling these people to spend the money buying the very best. And you can’t argue that because I make these important decisions every day."

"People ask me, how can you spend so much money on sports cards and I answer them, that when you pay more to buy the best, and this comes from the greatest financial minds in my organization, that when you pay more to buy the best, and my people only buy the best, it will cost you less. And I hear people, and they’re not very smart people, but these people say that doesn’t make sense. But they haven’t run the analysis. My people have the facts and they tell me, and they work very hard and have all the best facilities to run these analyzations. I’ve seen these results and these findings and not just regular facts, but the best facts and anyone who would see them would have to agree that they are the most obvious facts."

"I deal with numbers all the time. Really big numbers. Numbers so big that most can’t even count that high and I deal with them all of the time, these big numbers. And the numbers that I’ve been given, that have been given to me by the best people with numbers, they say that we have to buy more and spend more and we will have the most when we get to the end. And I know this decision, and I make a lot of important, really important decisions, I know that this is the right decision. Some may argue, but what is there to argue? I am right and everyone that says I’m not will be proven to be liars."

------------

BTW, this is my own, fictional account and is blatant satire. So, if there's a person that wants to take it as fact and add it to some conspiracy theory . . . don't bother.

Pretty sure I read or heard this on Yahooooo, The A P or G M A today, no?

07-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Scott, your theory trumps all other theories I've seen on this board.

begsu1013
07-10-2016, 11:24 AM

albrshbr
07-10-2016, 12:20 PM
When I started reading this I had to look at the posting date.

I thought maybe this was an old quote from "The Bruces"

JustCollectVP
07-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Scott, your theory trumps all other theories I've seen on this board.

Thank you Donald, er, I mean Daryl...

Leon
07-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Thank you Donald, er, I mean Daryl...

And I should mention we should be real careful about discussing politics or the thread will have a short shelf life. I got the overall inference too but lets go a different direction or we'll stop short. :)

TUM301
07-10-2016, 01:29 PM
Was attending a social gathering last nite I found myself sitting at a 12 person table. After an hour or so of idle chit chat, the conversation turned towards hobbies. A woman across the table from me, already slurring her words, started talking about collecting baseball cards and the like. Thinking of it as rather odd but to each his own, others asked her is there any money in it ? She said "sure and some of these sports thingies can cost a pretty penny" ! Now I`m no "high roller" but this woman looked like she just rolled out of the local Salvation Army with her purple pant suit and goddy costume jewelry.
I`ve, she stopped herself, my husband daughter and me have come up with a hell of a scheme to buy and sell whatever? By now the entire table is leaning forward, "oh ya, tell us more ". Well, what we do she starts out, "we set up a beard you know a front man". "It`s kind of a foundation", she takes a huge gulp of what appears to be "night train' or Boonsfarm burps and continues. We get people, friends enemies even countries to kick in and wella we`re off to the races. "How do you do that" i asked, simple she said, " we leverage people, anyone and everyone". And she winks at me.
Now everyone`s interest is really piqued. Someone asks aren`t you afraid of being audited or people asking ?`s with all that undocumented untraceable money pouring into your foundation ? She snaps to attention and I mean throws the woman a death stare, "don`t you know who I am" buuuuuuuurp! We all look at each other perplexed, "well I`m, I`m just another person fighting for you" "that`s who I am". Next thing we know there`s 3 or 4 black berries or eye phones all going off at once and she`s being carried shuttled into the night.

JustCollectVP
07-10-2016, 02:07 PM
While I wasn't making any political statement and was intending a satirical parody a la the "A Few Good Men" version from a few years back. The fact that I used a certain speaking characteristic of a prominent celebrity, I intended no political commentary although said person is running for office), nor was I looking to solicit any. If some feel the need to preach or politicize this, then let's just kill it. Amazing how some have to make sure they make something out of nothing. Sorry that some can't handle humor without getting their panties in a bundle.

TUM301
07-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Was doing the exact same thing, glad to see we`re on the same page.

the 'stache
07-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Blame Canada.

clydepepper
07-10-2016, 05:22 PM
While I wasn't making any political statement and was intending a satirical parody a la the "A Few Good Men" version from a few years back. The fact that I used a certain speaking characteristic of a prominent celebrity, I intended no political commentary although said person is running for office), nor was I looking to solicit any. If some feel the need to preach or politicize this, then let's just kill it. Amazing how some have to make sure they make something out of nothing. Sorry that some can't handle humor without getting their panties in a bundle.

Scott & 'H'-

Well, your story and Mr. or Ms. Murphy's (whatever 'H' stands for) both Trounced anything I could come up with...very entertaining but also kind of nauseating at the same time. :confused:

Thanks,
Raymond

irv
07-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Blame Canada.

Hey! That's not nice! :D

JustCollectVP
07-10-2016, 06:11 PM
real tomato ketchup, eddie?

Nothing but the best...

begsu1013
07-10-2016, 07:00 PM

MikeGarcia
07-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Blame Canada.

..last I heard they were only a few miles out from Buffalo and getting closer.....