PDA

View Full Version : I can't upload pictures

ooo-ribay
07-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Anyone else having issues? I tried yesterday and today and keep getting a variety of error messages.

perezfan
07-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Happens to me all the time.

Seems very "hit and miss" (to coin a baseball phrase). And when the photo does post, I can only do one at a time, and two thirds of the time it's sideways :mad:

ooo-ribay
07-10-2016, 01:08 PM
I'll keep trying. I finally put together a collage of all the Giants pins I'm looking for.

matty39
07-10-2016, 02:35 PM
I have trouble turning on my computer sometimes so I am no tech guy, but you might check your file size. Several times I have tried to upload a photo and nothing happens. Try this. Go to your folder where you have your photo and single click on it. Then go to edit and then click on file size and then try changing the pixels from 100 to 80, then save the photo at the new size. See if that works.

Leon
07-10-2016, 04:16 PM
The great lion's share of problems with uploading scans or pictures, which I see, is related to ipads, cell phones and external hosting sources. If members upload to this board's software, from the hard drive in your computer, and you do it the correct way, it works (at least for me) more than 99% of the time. Any other kind of uploading is a crapshoot but can work ok, usually. If you are uploading a .jpg from your hard drive and it is under, say 250k in size, and you are having issues let me know. A random example uploaded from my pc... (beehives in front of our house)

irv
07-10-2016, 06:43 PM
There are also quite a few "free" picture resizers out there. I had one and once downloaded, it became very easy to use and was programmed right into the normal picture adjustment settings on the computer.

I have no need to use it here as it seems, Leon has that covered. All my pics, no matter how big, get reduced automatically to the required size.

Thanks Leon. :)

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=picture+resizer

Leon
07-10-2016, 07:00 PM
There are also quite a few "free" picture resizers out there. I had one and once downloaded, it became very easy to use and was programmed right into the normal picture adjustment settings on the computer.

I have no need to use it here as it seems, Leon has that covered. All my pics, no matter how big, get reduced automatically to the required size.

Thanks Leon. :)

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=picture+resizer

That is correct. As long as the pic isn't over a few hundred k (and can be a few times that, I think) the system automatically resizes it. Those sizes are adjustable but we haven't touched those settings in years, if ever. They are set to approx. 80kb for a max. It's when folks try to upload a 3mb? telephone, or some other device, other than a computer picture that it crashes.

ooo-ribay
07-11-2016, 05:57 AM
Thanks, guys. I've uploaded many pictures to this site and never had any problems before. It's weird. I'm going to try later with a different browser.

ooo-ribay
07-11-2016, 04:43 PM
I think my problem was I was trying to upload 1200 dpi jpg scans. I took pictures of the scans and they uploaded with no problem.