PDA

View Full Version : National

th38larg
06-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Is anybody headed to national this year? I know there is a thread elsewhere on the boards, but I thought it would be nice to see which football collectors would be at the Convention.

I'll be there Thursday and maybe half a day on Friday or Saturday.

LuckyLarry
06-26-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm sitting this one out. See everyone next year in Chicago.
Larry

Stevew
06-26-2016, 05:37 PM
Wife and I are thinking of going on Friday, we have never been to one before. I have some set items I am looking for and would be curious if folks who have been there before think there is a chance to find high end graded vintage there vs. what is on eBay right now? For example 1967 Lee Roy Jordan PSA 9 or 1966 Bob Hayes PSA 9? Thanks

LuckyLarry
06-26-2016, 06:46 PM
Wife and I are thinking of going on Friday, we have never been to one before. I have some set items I am looking for and would be curious if folks who have been there before think there is a chance to find high end graded vintage there vs. what is on eBay right now? For example 1967 Lee Roy Jordan PSA 9 or 1966 Bob Hayes PSA 9? Thanks
I've been to the last four Nationals and six total. The show is so huge, you will probably not even be able to view all the tables if you attend just one day. But of course there is nothing like it and nothing like seeing all the cardboard up close. I don't collect hi grade PSA cards, but in the examples you listed, it wouldn't surprise me if those kind of cards are available because there are a ton of football cards at the National! But with all those tables, all those cards, fatigue, sore feet (I'm not kidding) you might miss them.
Larry

jefferyepayne
06-26-2016, 07:57 PM
I will be there Wednesday and Thursday and would love to meet up with football collectors.

jeff

Stevew
06-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info Larry. Tempted to go and see it this year.

nrm1977
07-07-2016, 02:43 AM
I was all set on going this year but, since I mainly only collect HoF vintage-ish rookie cards and the current 1000% increase across the board, I'll be sitting this one out! Chicago next year, only 1.5hr drive for me! :)

Exhibitman
07-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Current plan is to be there chasing Raiders signed cards unless something stinky intervenes at work.