PDA

View Full Version : Jim Thorpe Sports Card Show Nov 12th DEALERS WANTED

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-23-2016, 04:59 PM
Show is Saturday November 12th at Split Rock Resort outside of Jim Thorpe, PA. Very convenient to the North East extension of the PA turnpike, so it's easy from Philly. Also convenient to 80 so not bad from NJ or NY! It runs from 10am to 4pm with a live auction at 2:30. Our autograph guests are New York Rangers Great and Long Time Captain Ron Greschner and teammate, Enforcer Nick Fotiu and 7x MLB All-Star Al Oliver!

We're charging $100 a booth (10 x 10) that includes 2 tables at no extra charge. We're willing to give a 10% discount to anyone from Net54, and an additional 10% to any who prepays before Sept 1st. Website is set up for payment via credit card or paypal.

Also, admission is going to be $5 with $1 off for Net54 members and an additional $1 off for presale by Sept 1st. Anyone who purchases an autograph ticket gets free admission. All this is also now available online!

Coolest news is we are working with the Jim Thorpe Hall of Fame, a non-profit that manages the memorial/mausoleum. They get all the buyer's fees (10%) from the live auction and they are also placing a few items in the auction. We also promised to promote membership in their group ($5/year) and they will have an information table at the event.

If you've never been to the memorial, it's not far from the show and really is worth a visit.

There are no guarantees yet, but the group is discussing placing some personal items of Thorpe's that were donated by his daughter!

Please visit our website and facebook page and if you are interested or have any questions feel free to PM me.

philliesfan
06-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Sounds nice. What do you mean by a 10 x 10 booth? Is that a corner so you have two tables accessible to the public, or is it one table in front with a backup table behind you? I may be interested in setting up since it is only about 2 hours away......or at the very least attending the show.
Thanks,
Robert

Leon
06-23-2016, 07:59 PM
For the record Scott and I talked about this thread before he put it up. I am all in for helping baseball card shows getting started. We need more of them!!!

pherbener
06-23-2016, 08:11 PM
Living in NEPA I am all for a high quality show around here with some vintage stuff. Looking forward to it!!

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-23-2016, 08:24 PM
Sounds nice. What do you mean by a 10 x 10 booth? Is that a corner so you have two tables accessible to the public, or is it one table in front with a backup table behind you? I may be interested in setting up since it is only about 2 hours away......or at the very least attending the show.
Thanks,
Robert

the booths will be in groups (I think of them as islands) of 4 so that each booth is in essence a corner. the pipe and drape will be in the shape of a cross that merely divides the space between dealers without fencing you in like most shows. so you have 10 ft by 10 ft and two 8 foot tables to do with as you like. You can bring additional tables or shelves or whatever other display apparatus you may have and since you aren't bound on three sides you have a little leeway with your layout.

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Set up at a show in Lancster, PA today. Met a couple net54 guys. One working on a t206 set and one working on... everything else. Hope to see a lot of you in November!!!

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-26-2016, 03:43 PM
Also below is a link to the auctioneer who will be running our auction. As we finalize our catalog it will be available at this link.

Birmingham Auctioneers (http://www.auctionzip.com/PA-Auctioneers/9580.html)

He runs a live bid only auction. With all the talk about the problems with online auctions you should check him out if you're within driving distance. Tell him I sent you!

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-04-2016, 08:20 AM
OK website is roughed in. jimthorpesportscardshow.com (http://www.jimthorpesportscardshow.com) It's not pretty yet, but for dealers is functional, and they can access booth map and get money in now to reserve preferred spots. Remember, in addition to picking your spot before the choice ones are all gone you get 10% off for being a net54 member, and an additional 10% off for paying before Sept 1st. You can get a 10 x 10 booth for $81!!!

We're hoping to have autograph announcements in the next couple weeks.

Shortly attendees will be able to pre-purchase their discount admission tickets, and as soon as we sign our autograph guests they will be available for pre-purchase also.

philliesfan
07-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Signed up today! Can't go wrong with a booth like that. I am looking forward to the show
Thanks again,
Robert

glynparson
07-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Often away that week but if home I will be sure to run up from the Reading Area.

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys!

Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jimthorpesportscardshow/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel) is up, drop by, toss me a "like", share your thoughts on what makes a card show great and we'll listen and respond!

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-09-2016, 08:01 PM
We are thrilled to announce our first autograph guest; NY Ranger Great Ron Greschner! We are in talks with two other guests and will announce as soon as they are confirmed!

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-09-2016, 09:55 PM
And guest #2 is confirmed. Legendary Rangers enforcer Nick Fotiu! Our last guest is all but locked up, 7x MLB all-Star!

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Just started a contest on the facebook page in the spirit of the "What makes a great Show" thread. post your thoughts, like the page and be entered to win a free admission and autograph!

https://www.facebook.com/jimthorpesportscardshow/

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-11-2016, 06:03 AM
In the interest of not derailing the general thread I started about "what makes a great show" Post your thoughts or questions here about my show specifically and I'll be happy to answer them!

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-13-2016, 04:50 PM
7x All-Star Al Oliver! Remember to enter our facebook contest for free admission and autograph!

https://www.facebook.com/jimthorpesportscardshow

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-13-2016, 07:23 PM
Feel like I'm shouting into the wind here, but fwiw our website is accepting dealer payments, autograph ticket payments and admission payments. Al Oliver will be added to the autograph tickets page next week.

Please, ask me anything in this thread. Also still only two entries in the free autograph contest on facebook!

bravos4evr
07-14-2016, 12:41 PM
7x All-Star Al Oliver! Remember to enter our facebook contest for free admission and autograph!

https://www.facebook.com/jimthorpesportscardshow

Oliver!! dangit, forgot about him completely!

Rich Klein
07-14-2016, 12:51 PM
Al is also coming to our show next month in Plano. TX. That should be far enough away to your show :)

Rich