PDA

View Full Version : 1940's Mystery Entertainment Autograph - Help Needed

ATP
06-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Hi All,
I recently purchased an autograph collection from 1949/1950 that was very large, over 300 album pages total. I have identified all but about 20 of them, and next week am hoping to get them scanned and perhaps receive some help from the folks here. In the meantime, this one autograph is driving me nuts. Does anyone recognize it? I keep seeing "Harpo", which initially would make sense because Groucho Marx was in the same album as this one, but it doesn't look anything like Harpo Marx's other autographs. They were obtained in the New York area, so it would likely be someone who was either doing radio, early TV (a lot of NBC show autographs), or on broadway. There are some really great names in the book like Brando, Sinatra, etc so I don't want to skip any that may be something I just don't recognize. Does anyone know who this is? Thanks in advance for taking the time to look, I think I have already spent over an hour staring at this one, and it's time to get a different perspective and some new eyes on it.

ATP
06-15-2016, 09:28 AM
This was a really tough one. For any of those who may have looked at it and been curious, it is Margo Albert (signed first name only). Someone offline helped me with it by happenstance, otherwise I think I would still be struggling to figure it out.