PDA

View Full Version : Hysterical

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Until 3 days ago, a PSA 7 Yaz rookie was a high 2s low 3s type of card. I bought a very nice one within the past month for about 250. Two 7s are now on ebay auction for 600+ and 700+ one which was just listed yesterday in PWCC and has 9 days to go so who knows it could end up much higher. Carry on though. Nothing funny going on.

ullmandds
06-04-2016, 07:04 PM
better start buying rod carews and reggie jackson rookies stat!! Oh and Jim Palmer too!

midwaylandscaping
06-04-2016, 07:30 PM
This run on rookies should eventually make it to my Rickey Henderson stash in another 3-5 years. :D

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 07:31 PM
better start buying rod carews and reggie jackson rookies stat!! Oh and Jim Palmer too!

I just bought a Carew, maybe I can sell it for triple next week.

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 07:31 PM
This run on rookies should eventually make it to my Rickey Henderson stash in another 3-5 years. :D

Sure, why the heck not.

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 07:35 PM
yes, ive heard microsoft © cut three quarters of its product development budget, reassigned it to coincide w/ coca-cola's © and apple's © buying group efforts to cover every single aspect of the collectible market.

keep this on the dl, but my cousin's buddy who went to school w/ bill specifically heard that they will have a concentrated and organized attack on beanie babies and cabbage patch dolls that will start mid to late fall to help assure their world domination.

but only the ones that still have the original tags.

better get the princess di one now!

and if you find one still in the box, hello retirement!

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 07:37 PM
yes, ive heard microsoft © cut three quarters of its product development budget, reassigned it to coincide w/ coca-cola's © and apple's © buying group efforts to cover every single aspect of the collectible market.

keep this on the dl, but my cousin's buddy who went to school w/ bill specifically heard that they will have a concentrated and organized attack on beanie babies that will start mid to late fall.

but only the ones still w/ the tags on them.

Wise guy eh? Open your eyes bro. Or don't, as you prefer.

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Open your eyes bro. Or don't, as you prefer.

may wanna take your own advice, bro. :cool:

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 07:45 PM
may wanna take your own advice, bro. :cool:

Mine are wide open my friend. I am not buying the idea of common cards tripling literally overnight from supply and demand.

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 07:47 PM
i just hope the usps doesn't plan to raise the price of a stamp again this year!

can just see all the threads littering the boards now.

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 07:49 PM
i just hope the usps doesn't plan to raise the price of a stamp again this year!

can just see all the threads littering the boards now.

You are smarter than that comment suggests, I assume.

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Mine are wide open my friend. I am not buying the idea of common cards tripling literally overnight from supply and demand.

then throw out some hard evidence on anything? all i hear is talk.

because the scope and financial backing of your supposed buying group conspiracy, would basically have to be one of those institutions to cover all the bases you keeping mentioning.

for pete's sake, literally and figuratively.

by all means...

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 07:57 PM
then throw out some hard evidence on anything? all i hear is talk.

because the scope and financial backing of your supposed buying group conspiracy, would basically have to be one of those institutions to cover all the bases you keeping mentioning.

for pete's sake, literally and figuratively.

by all means...

It's obvious to me and a number of others that people are trying to push up market values. Whether you agree or not really is not my concern. Carry on and watch the next guy triple overnight. Brooks maybe? Frank? Gibson? Inquiring minds want to know.

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 08:00 PM
again, enlighten me w/ some hard evidence.

hell, even soft evidence at this point...

and i hope not on bob gibson, i have been buying his cards (not just rc) for a while now

that guy was a monster.

and for the record, i am just spit balling w/ pete in a joking manner.
zero ill will intended. just a few guys bellying up...

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 08:04 PM
and i think brooks has already started.

didn't leon say personally that he paid 2-3x over vcp on that well centered 8?

and if you don't mind, throw pics of these yaz's up.

as i know you will even agree that all grades are not the same.

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Look for yourself. One is pretty nice, the one at 686 isn't anything special, mine at 250 is much nicer. OK here is a pic.

mintonlyplz
06-04-2016, 08:12 PM
The PSA-9 Yaz RC in the Bill Goodwin auction is at $33k...which is pulling up the price on 8s currently $2k+ in the PWCC auction.

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 08:16 PM
again, enlighten me w/ some hard evidence.

hell, even soft evidence at this point...

and i hope not on bob gibson, i have been buying his cards (not just rc) for a while now

that guy was a monster.

and for the record, i am just spit balling w/ pete in a joking manner.
zero ill will intended. just a few guys bellying up...

Taken and dished out in the same spirit.

cardcountry
06-04-2016, 08:17 PM
That's exactly it Monte. The higher grades pull up the prices on the lower grades. People pay strong for the nice examples and try to bump them into the higher grades and make a good profit.

Jeff

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 09:12 PM
That's exactly it Monte. The higher grades pull up the prices on the lower grades. People pay strong for the nice examples and try to bump them into the higher grades and make a good profit.

Jeff

100%.

and pete can you post the two cards side by side when ya get a sec and maybe the other one currently auctioning at the higher level? and note which one is yours. snl is coming on and im lazy...

Peter_Spaeth
06-04-2016, 09:20 PM
100%.

and pete can you post the two cards side by side when ya get a sec and maybe the other one currently auctioning at the higher level? and note which one is yours. snl is coming on and im lazy...

Dude if you need an assistant hire one. :D

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 09:28 PM
hmmm.

a yaz 9 or an assistant?

ha. :D

edit: so no soft evidence either. duly noted.

begsu1013
06-04-2016, 10:30 PM

Jeff

here's a good example...

1953 mantle psa 7 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Topps-Mickey-Mantle-SHORT-PRINT-82-PSA-7-NRMT-PWCC-/351749047249?hash=item51e5e083d1:g:QuAAAOSwOVpXUIF M)

the card has already surpassed the highest previous vcp price, just got started and all this w/o the "high end" certification at pwcc.

will probably double the avg vcp price i am guessing.

i think it has a great possibility to bump and the price is proving it.

i also know who's card it is, he's a good dude and has proven to have a great eye.

he is definitely not part of a buying group, a price inflator or even a flipper.

Jdoggs
06-05-2016, 01:07 AM
It's obvious to me and a number of others that people are trying to push up market values. Whether you agree or not really is not my concern. Carry on and watch the next guy triple overnight. Brooks maybe? Frank? Gibson? Inquiring minds want to know.

I agree contigo!

begsu1013
06-05-2016, 01:22 AM
im sure peter is thrilled. :cool:

Leon
06-05-2016, 06:41 AM

I hope Brooks does :)......I don't know what is going on but I suspect, as already stated, it's a bit of everything mentioned.

Peter_Spaeth
06-05-2016, 06:58 AM
I hope Brooks does :)......I don't know what is going on but I suspect, as already stated, it's a bit of everything mentioned.

We could make bets on who runs next.

pawpawdiv9
06-05-2016, 09:32 AM

keep this on the dl, but my cousin's buddy who went to school w/ bill specifically heard that they will have a concentrated and organized attack on beanie babies and cabbage patch dolls that will start mid to late fall to help assure their world domination.

but only the ones that still have the original tags.

and if you find one still in the box, hello retirement!

Now that's funny- Oh and BTW- I do have a Princess Dianna Beanie Baby w/ tag. The thing is to make sure if you got the one with the correct filling.
Several yrs ago, folks were listing these for a cool 1 million dollars!!!!
Still waiting to see a buyer hit a BIN for those crazy prices, otherwise I would of just stuffed it in the box, I just sent ya, for laughs.

begsu1013
06-05-2016, 09:34 AM

i will take forrest.

Peter_Spaeth
06-05-2016, 09:51 AM
i will take forrest.

Heh. I am going with Brooks, very popular player and his RCs are actually not that easy to find centered.

pawpawdiv9
06-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Bet there 1 guy that's praying on Canseco!!!

Leon
06-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Heh. I am going with Brooks, very popular player and his RCs are actually not that easy to find centered.

His prices have started to climb already :)....

pawpawdiv9
06-05-2016, 10:15 AM
It could be a Cal Ripken?? When I was a kid, that was one of the guys I collected and Ken Griffey and the so-call performance enhancers.

Peter_Spaeth
06-05-2016, 10:18 AM

Yeah I saw a very highly priced 8 recently. :)

Jdoggs
06-05-2016, 10:27 AM

Yes I agree brooks is undervalued and his cards have been selling a lot higher recently!:)

pokerplyr80
06-05-2016, 10:45 AM

Those bets are being made across the board. It looks like everyone is trying to get something before it's too late. I think the only RC I haven't seen increase dramatically in the last few weeks is Mantle. Perhaps he's next?

moeson
06-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Perhaps a sign of the times - today's NY Daily News has a half page ad offering 100% cash for vintage baseball cards from 1900-1972. It pictures a 54 Aaron and a 54 Bowman Mantle.

"$250,000 to spend & We Pay All Cash And Way More Than Dealers!"

It's less than Doctor Evil's $1 million, but a throwback to the hobby's old days nonetheless.