PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of cards

KingFisk
05-30-2016, 07:42 PM
Maybe somewhat OT but after years of having this happen off and on, was curious if any of you out there ever have vivid dreams about baseball cards? Probably have had these for the last ten years, even though I only got back into collecting three years ago. My dreams usually involve walking into a shop and looking through stacks of cards and finding dozens of Carlton Fisk cards I have never seen before (because they don't exist in real life....my subconscious has made up some pretty awesome ones.) When it's not the Fisk cards I am rifling through, it's usually wax boxes or binders full of nonexistent issues. I invariably wake up disappointed that the cards weren't real, and my collection didn't expand. ;) I am sure this recurring dream means something else, but it is always a fun one to have. This happen to anyone else?

nat
05-30-2016, 09:35 PM
When I was a kid I would often dream about finding baseball cards all over the ground. Piles and piles of them. And the great part:

one day it came true.

I was walking home from school and found baseball cards all over the playground. I scooped up as many as I could. (1990 Topps, if I recall.) Now, the dream come true part wasn't as good as the dreams were. In the armful of cards that I carried home there were zero stars. Nary a Carlton Fisk to be found. In retrospect it's obvious what happened; someone got their hands on an unopened box or two, kept all the good cards, and literally dropped all the dreck on the ground. But it was pretty exciting for a kid.

deadballfreaK
05-30-2016, 09:52 PM
I'll confess. After poring over ebay listings for three hours I go to bed and do the same thing in my dreams.

Leon
05-31-2016, 07:35 AM
I have memories more than dreams. I remember opening up packs at the ballpark (little league) and having the sticks of gum stacked high. That was late 1960s - early 1970s. I will never forget the smell of that gum. I hope I don't start dreaming about them as I embark on some of the same cards I collected out of packs as a kid.

cool-vintage
05-31-2016, 11:48 AM
Not baseball related , but still a dream about cards:
When I first joined a card collecting website my collection focus was NHL enforcers. That year the company In The Game released a set dedicated to enforcers, and I had a dream I bought a box of it.

brianp-beme
05-31-2016, 02:32 PM
As much as I dream about them doing hours I am conscious, I surprisingly have not had cards creep much into my nocturnal dreams. When I was much younger I do remember having dreams of finding bunches of them at the top of garbage cans. The closest I have come to realizing this dream is when I purchased some Nap Lajoie game cards from a seller on ebay about 5 or 6 years ago who claimed he found them dumpster diving.

Brian

Jobu
05-31-2016, 03:15 PM
I tell my wife that I was dreaming about cards every time I happen to say "oh yeah, babe" in my sleep.

Billy5858
05-31-2016, 03:48 PM
I tell my wife that I was dreaming about cards every time I happen to say "oh yeah, babe" in my sleep.

Big LOL!!

itjclarke
05-31-2016, 04:16 PM
Almost without fail, anytime I dream about cards it's in the context of a nightmare--- "where my box of cards go??" or "OMG someone stole my cards"! Great thing about these dreams, is there is no let down upon waking.

ValKehl
06-01-2016, 08:23 PM

Bryan, do I correctly assume that your wife realizes that you are referring to Babe Ruth? :D
Val