PDA

View Full Version : Ketterlinus 1886 Baseball Print

aelefson
05-28-2016, 07:44 PM
Hi-
I recently acquired the baseball item scanned below. It is on fairly thick stock and it is about 7.5 inches tall and 4.5 inches wide. The back is blank and Copyright 1886 Ketterlinus Phila is printed in the lower left corner on the front. Ketterlinus was a Philadelphia printing company that operated until the mid 20th century.

I have a few questions regarding this item. What do you think it was used for? When I bought it I assumed it was unused advertising stock and a company would stamp their information on the front between the equipment. Has anyone seen one with advertising or any other printing on it? Any ideas why a presentation type bat would be shown with a blank plaque? Any other thoughts or facts regarding this item is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alan

khkco4bls
05-29-2016, 07:44 PM
I luv it. I think it is a calling card or stationary to write on.

aelefson
06-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Thanks Kevin! I definitely could see it being used for an invitation of some sort.

Alan

khkco4bls
06-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Stationary piece
The graphics are great.

CarltonHendricks
06-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Alan...I've had one of those about 30 years...I can even remember finding it at the Marin city flea early AM...just a few miles from the Golden Gate Bridge...found in a box full of old paper...like you... it's purpose has always been a mystery...the graphics of the early baseball equipment are so good I remember I photocopied them and used them for a want list

aelefson
06-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Thanks Kevin and Carlton! Unfortunately, I did not find mine in a box of old paper so I had to pay a bit for mine (50.00 I think) but the graphics were too cool for me to pass up. I hope you got yours at a much lower price!

Alan

CarltonHendricks
06-09-2016, 09:50 PM
I can't remember but it was bargain basement...nothing even close to $50