PDA

View Full Version : Is This a Tough Perfect Game/No Hitter Multi Signed Card?

quinnsryche
05-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, asking because I have not seen one and can find no info on it. Is this a tough triple signed card? I'm going to try and sell it but have no reference for an asking price. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony

HOF Auto Rookies
05-26-2016, 10:36 AM
That's a sweet card. I'd personally value that around $75-$100.

HOFAutoRookies.com

quinnsryche
05-26-2016, 10:51 AM
WOW! I had no idea it could be that much. Let me say, if anyone wants to make me an offer before I list it, feel free.

HOF Auto Rookies
05-26-2016, 11:11 AM
WOW! I had no idea it could be that much. Let me say, if anyone wants to make me an offer before I list it, feel free.

There certainly is a premium for multiple signed cards, especially one like this with 2 perfecto's and a no-no guy on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbfinley
05-26-2016, 02:08 PM
There is PSA Red example on CU for $85. Raw I'd say $70-$75 would be fair.

mrmopar
05-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Mike Witt was apparently much harder to get than someone of his career accomplishments should be at one point, but I think that we may have been a recent C. Potter or other event signer at one point.

HOF Auto Rookies
05-29-2016, 10:24 PM
Mike Witt was apparently much harder to get than someone of his career accomplishments should be at one point, but I think that we may have been a recent C. Potter or other event signer at one point.

Do you know why he was difficult?

MooseDog
05-30-2016, 12:17 AM
Do you know why he was difficult?

Witt was not difficult in person, at least in Oakland, when I was active up to about 1984. He may have stopped sometime after playing?

Scott Garner
05-30-2016, 05:05 AM
Witt was not difficult in person, at least in Oakland, when I was active up to about 1984. He may have stopped sometime after playing?

Mike Witt was always an eager and willing signer during his playing days and beyond. As indicated previously, he infrequently has participated in paid signings, but has done a couple in recent years. When he does, his fee has not been expensive.

These days, he is a very active social golfer in Orange County, CA.

Here is a full season ticket to his perfect game on 9/30/84 that he graciously signed for me out front of Anaheim Stadium in 1997. The Angels had a special promotional day to celebrate all the Angels pitchers in franchise history that hurled Halo no-hitters. By strategically covering the main stadium entrance in advance, I managed to get the autographs of Bo Belinsky (D), Clyde Wright, Nolan Ryan, Mike Witt and Mark Langston that day.
Not a bad day's work... :cool:

mr2686
05-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Well done Scott, especially in one day.

HOF Auto Rookies
05-30-2016, 10:34 AM
Mike Witt was always an eager and willing signer during his playing days and beyond. As indicated previously, he infrequently has participated in paid signings, but has done a couple in recent years. When he does, his fee has not been expensive.

These days, he is a very active social golfer in Orange County, CA.

Here is a full season ticket to his perfect game on 9/30/84 that he graciously signed for me out front of Anaheim Stadium in 1997. The Angels had a special promotional day to celebrate all the Angels pitchers in franchise history that hurled Halo no-hitters. By strategically covering the main stadium entrance in advance, I managed to get the autographs of Bo Belinsky (D), Clyde Wright, Nolan Ryan, Mike Witt and Mark Langston that day.
Not a bad day's work... :cool:

Thanks for the info and wow, that looks great! Love seeing your tickets. I've thought about collecting signed milestone tickets. Cards are getting out of hand price wise lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HRBAKER
05-30-2016, 10:53 AM
I don't believe that Palmer is credited with a PG/No-No by MLB rules anymore.
I believe it was a five inning rain-shortened job.

Scott Garner
05-30-2016, 12:11 PM
I don't believe that Palmer is credited with a PG/No-No by MLB rules anymore.
I believe it was a five inning rain-shortened job.

That is correct. MLB changed the rules as to what defined a no-hitter and perfect game in 1991. The current rule requires that a perfect game or no-hitter go a full 9 innings for both teams, FWIW.

mrmopar
05-30-2016, 01:26 PM
This was a personal observation and also based on online pricing of signed items and auction descriptions, describing him as being tough as well. Seems like this is not the case though. Do you know why he was difficult?

MacDice
05-30-2016, 08:03 PM
Since 2002 there has only been one TTM success on SCN. His last private signing in 2013 the price on cards was $30

MooseDog
05-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Since 2002 there has only been one TTM success on SCN. His last private signing in 2013 the price on cards was $30

Could be tough through the mail, there are LOTS of players that didn't or don't sign through the mail. Many have NEVER signed through the mail. I can only echo what Scott said, that in my experience in person he was super nice, I never saw him turn anyone down.

Scott Garner
05-31-2016, 03:53 AM
Well done Scott, especially in one day.

Thanks Mike & Brent!

xplainer
06-03-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't think this card is that rare at all. There are two listed here in the BST forum.
One belongs to you... I think.

quinnsryche
06-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Yes it does (hopefully not for long)!