PDA

View Full Version : New York Yankees employee fired for apparently stealing memorabilia from team

RichardSimon
05-25-2016, 06:05 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/yankees-fire-yankee-stadium-security-guard-stole-memorabilia-article-1.2648891

Rookiemonster
05-25-2016, 06:19 AM
It's sounds like a dream job ! What a idiot !

Thrown out for stealing .

packs
05-25-2016, 07:58 AM
At least he wasn't playing for the Yankees... cough....Ruben Rivera....

Scott Garner
05-25-2016, 10:00 AM
At least he wasn't playing for the Yankees... cough....Ruben Rivera....

+1 Stupidity is an equal opportunity employer

clydepepper
05-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Did anyone check under Constanza's desk?

whitehse
05-25-2016, 09:42 PM
There was a time not long ago teams had no clue what they had and did nothing to secure their "stuff".

I worked for the Chicago Cubs right out of high school back in the early 80's and after getting moved up to the front office I found memorabilia all over the place. One night when I was the only person in the ball park because the security guard called in sick and I was asked to work, I found four file cabinets in the janitors closet. In those unlocked cabinets were players contracts. I remember looking through all of the cabinets and saw Ernie Banks rookie and other contracts. Contracts of Hornsby, Cuyler, Dean and all the greats were there. Sure, I toyed with the idea of taking one as nobody would know but I just could not pull the trigger as guilt would just kill me.

I have seen some things pop up in auctions I KNOW were in Wrigley but not secured. It was common practice to toss things out back then and I just wish I did some dumpster diving to save some of this stuff. I remember seeing a directive from Commishiner Uberroth saying teams needed to start preserving their history by saving documents, uniforms and anything that would mark the history of the team. It was a very cool time to work in MLB?

packs
05-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Sometimes teams and even museums don't go after people who steal because it would mean admitting they allowed things to be stolen.

RTK
05-26-2016, 08:31 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8c/e1/e0/8ce1e013bdada1fcb4a9820700aba784.jpg